Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cut/fill volume table for SURFACES

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
PedroTo
6724 Views, 4 Replies

cut/fill volume table for SURFACES

Hi,

Does anybody know the way to make a cut and fill volume table for a couple of surface ? (ie a volume surface with base surface and comparaison surface)

The only thing I can do is making a surface range volume table but I cannot have cuts and fills in columns.

I hope somebody can help,

Thanks and regards,

Pedro T.

Civil eng.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
PedroTo
in reply to: PedroTo

I found this great tip in the forum :

"Create a volume surface, run an elevation analysis on the surface with two ranges, one negative for cut and one positive for fill. Now create an elevation table for the surface and you'll have what you need. Can't think of any other way to do it." from BrianHailey

now, I would like to write "fill" instead of the "range id" in the table! Possible? or at least a minus sign for cut and plus sign for fill.

Message 3 of 5
neilyj666

All parts of the table are customizable and can have whatever heading text you want to use - edit the table Style and customize away......

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

AEC Collection 2024 UKIE (mainly Civil 3D UKIE and IW)
Win 11 Pro x64, 1Tb Primary SSD, 1Tb Secondary SSD
64Gb RAM Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-11855M CPU @ 3.2GHz
NVIDIA RTX A5000 16Gb, Dual 27" Monitor, Dell Inspiron 7760
Message 4 of 5
BrianHailey

@PedroTo wrote:

I found this great tip in the forum :

"Create a volume surface, run an elevation analysis on the surface with two ranges, one negative for cut and one positive for fill. Now create an elevation table for the surface and you'll have what you need. Can't think of any other way to do it." from BrianHailey

now, I would like to write "fill" instead of the "range id" in the table! Possible? or at least a minus sign for cut and plus sign for fill.

Nope, each column can only have one header and it can't change based on the data in the table (you can set the table up to say whatever you want, it just won't automatically change if the column values change from cut to fill). Using this method, you don't get to see cut vs. fill. You can have a cut/fill column that will show you the volumes with fill being a positive number and cut being a negative number.

Check out the new Volumes Dashboard Extension if you are using 2012 (you can read about it HERE).

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Message 5 of 5
amybrammer10

I need to figure out the amount of cut and fill up to a specific elevation, the Base Flood Elevation.  Right now, I am creating the proposed and existing surfaces in Civil 3D and making a fellow coworker convert it to Eagle Point to generate this slice Volume Table. See attached file.  Is there a way to generate this type of table in Civil 3D? Any ideas?  Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report