Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cut file conditional subassembly

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
kiyabole
942 Views, 11 Replies

cut file conditional subassembly

how can one create the cut file conditional subassembly or the horizontal conditional subassembly using subassembly composer? if i get the idea i think life will be soooo easy

Kiya Chemeda
Civil 3D 2013
HP Pavilion dv6 cor i7
16GB RAM
windows 8
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

Conditionals (if/then) switches are part of Subassembly Composer. There should be examples in the help system that show how to use those. For the cut/fill what you'll do is set a target surface in the subassembly and then test your points to see if they are above or below that surface.

Regards,

Peter Funk

Autodesk, Inc.

Peter Funk
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 12

what i want isjost to creat the conditional and it shows as a layout as the cut fill assemly which comes from out of the box does. i can use the subassembly composer well just i can creat the condition.

Kiya Chemeda
Civil 3D 2013
HP Pavilion dv6 cor i7
16GB RAM
windows 8
Message 4 of 12
kiyabole
in reply to: kiyabole

What I meant was that I can use the switch, decision and all just what i dont knw is tht when the decision is true wt should i put and when the decision is false wt should i put when creating so tht the conditional subassemly does work as the out of the box cut fill sub

Kiya Chemeda
Civil 3D 2013
HP Pavilion dv6 cor i7
16GB RAM
windows 8
Message 5 of 12
mathewkol

Somepne please tell me that I'm wrong here but...

The subassembly composer has tools for conditional testuing but it can't behave exactly as the out of the box conditionals do. The OOTB subs have code inside them to "Stop processing", meaning if the condition is met or not, nothing is actually drawn. The user specifies what happens next.

The SAC does not have this, you have to draw something following each condition. You can't have those 2 branches in layout mode that the OOTB conditionals do.

Again, I'm not quite 100% on this but I had the same question as you a while ago and got this answer.
Matt Kolberg
SolidCAD Professional Services
http://www.solidcad.ca /
Message 6 of 12
kiyabole
in reply to: mathewkol

That aint good coz ppl want other types of condition other than the OOTB. and i do it all in sub composer bt i have to creat the whole assembly like the lane ditch and daylight together to achive wt i want and i dnt want tht coz it is difficult to manupilate

Kiya Chemeda
Civil 3D 2013
HP Pavilion dv6 cor i7
16GB RAM
windows 8
Message 7 of 12
kiyabole

Normaly what i doo is creat the whole one side as one but tht is not flexable to work on different project

Kiya Chemeda
Civil 3D 2013
HP Pavilion dv6 cor i7
16GB RAM
windows 8
Message 8 of 12
LeafRiders

They called it Subassembly Composer for a reason. There is a huge advantage to creating Custom SAs as independant SAs vs. all as one complete one.

Now looking back on a library of custom SAs it's worth the effort to keep that thought process in place. As for adding a condition to a Custom SA, you will need at least two applications. If you have one on one side in that said condition, have option 1 do what you want it to do, and in option 2 have it draw a line at 0. 

Having your next SA attached to that should give you options.

Message 9 of 12
kiyabole
in reply to: LeafRiders

What Do You mean by two applications? What i want is just to have a dicition where when true it will do wt is attached to tht conditional sub on the assembly  and if false to stop

Kiya Chemeda
Civil 3D 2013
HP Pavilion dv6 cor i7
16GB RAM
windows 8
Message 10 of 12
brianzimmerman

Were you ever able to find a solution to this problem? I would love to create my own conditional sub assembly as well but have been unsuccessful as of yet.

Message 11 of 12
mathewkol
in reply to: brianzimmerman

The solution is to code the subassembly in .NET.  The Composer doesn't have the ability to duplicate exactly the behavior of out of the box conditionals.

Matt Kolberg
SolidCAD Professional Services
http://www.solidcad.ca /
Message 12 of 12
kiyabole

I just used the subassembly composer and it works fine. U cn put all the conditions in one subassembly
Kiya Chemeda
Civil 3D 2013
HP Pavilion dv6 cor i7
16GB RAM
windows 8

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report