Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

curb & surface issue

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
mah_salah91
232 Views, 1 Reply

curb & surface issue

Hi every one,

This is my first Time to post any kind of topics so far so please be patient , I am not that good in explaining things but I hope to make it as clear as possible 

the proplem is I am doing modelling and grading for junctions using civil 3d for the first time, what I suffer from last two months that for ex. at the junction I have to stop the median somewhere before the junction but when the curb ends its top is connecting to the surface making everything messy I have attached two screen-shots for this ( by other words CIVIL 3D  is not understanding that this item is a curb and it should not link it this way to the top of the pavement  )

Thank u all in advance 

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
doni49
in reply to: mah_salah91

As it relates to surfaces, all C3D does is connect points to make triangles.  One point is connected to the NEAREST point that doesn't have a breakline between them.  So the top of the curb is being connected to the nearest point.  Delete those extra triangles.

Or wait until you have more data -- I'm assuming you're going to be developing the junction (do you mean intersection?) -- when you've added more data, it'll most likely connect to the new, more relevant data at that time.

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report