Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cross section padding

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
lambertb
1235 Views, 7 Replies

cross section padding

I am trying to get an extra colmun of grid to the left of my sections. Is this a way to do this? Do I need to have white space in this area and not a grid? Any tips? Thanks.3-29-2013 8-05-00 AM.png

C3D 2022 and 2024
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Jay_B
in reply to: lambertb

Yes you can hide the Minor grid lines by adjusting the Left Axis Tick Major "Display Tab" (may be off).

"Tick Size" value in caption posted is set to 0.1, try setting to set it to 1 or so, and be sure you have display on for.

Left Axis Tick Major and Left Axis Tick Minor are just " line extensions" of the grid and work same for right side.

Attached is how ours look, we turn off Axis ticks and set the X offset: value to -0.10, if you change this to -1.0 you'll see text slide to left.

What your after is the right combo. of  "Tick Size" and "X offset:" value

Very confusing stuff & not straight forward for sure.

Hope this helps.

datum out.PNG

sec view set.PNG

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 3 of 8
lambertb
in reply to: Jay_B

Our grid comes from the group plot style so it may be different from yours. Is there a way to make the sections begin 1 major grid to the right instead at the lower left corner? Do I cheat my viewport in my dwt file and give it a margin?3-29-2013 8-05-00 AM.png

C3D 2022 and 2024
Message 4 of 8
Jay_B

Are the various  Left Axis Tick Minor Left Axis Tick Major set to visible on display tab of section view style in your attached captions or are they turned off?

In Group Plot Style we have everything off except "Print Area" and "Sheet Border".

I'm a little confused by, "Our grid comes from the group plot style so it may be different from yours".

Your OP started with a caption of the Section View Style?

Here's how our overall Sec View looks, We don't movve anything in the VP

and the offsets are 70' lt/rt in all cases like you show.

FWIW our Grid Padding is set at zero left & right on grid tab in your OP caption.

overall.PNG

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Message 5 of 8
lambertb

The ticks are off. All that is displayed is major label. I think the viewport tells the group plot style where to put the grid.  I need to find the toggle that offsets the section views 1 grid right from the viewport/group plot style. Maybe it isn't possible.

And I am goign to assume the grid padding in the section view style refers to the grid I have off.

C3D 2022 and 2024
Message 6 of 8
Jay_B

" I think the viewport tells the group plot style where to put the grid"

Not exactly, experiment with your right an left grid padding and you will see the grids slide left/right in your group section views. You show a value of 1 for this in OP.

Change it to 0 and you should get a 1" margin and do the same for the right side.

Also look on "Plot Area" tab of your Group Plot Style "Gap between successive pages" setting, ours is 5.00.

(This will affect the overall left to right width as it's the value between your lt /rt columns).

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Message 7 of 8
lambertb

I attached a pdf with some comments on the things I have tried.

Thanks.

C3D 2022 and 2024
Message 8 of 8
Jay_B

Thanks for the pdf, you're using a different workflow for displaying your sections then ours, maybe someone else uses full grid sheets and can chime in here.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report