Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cross section direction

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Rubixcube10
1186 Views, 3 Replies

cross section direction

I'm currently working on a cross section plan and was wondering if there was any way I can change the direction of the cross section view.  I'm currently just using 2 sample lines, so just 2 views are needed.  My problem is that it seems like one cross section...the view is facing upstream and the other sample line, the cross section view is facing downstream.

Is this normal?  How come both cross sections don't face the same direction?  So with one xsection it's in a East-West direction but the other is a West to East direction.

Rob

HP Compaq 8100 Elite
Win 7 Pro SP1 - 64Bit
8GB RAM
i7 860 @ 2.80 GHZ

AutoCad Civil 3d 2012 SP1
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
wfberry
in reply to: Rubixcube10

I have not heard of anything but the view is facing UP-Station.  I know there are requests for the other direction due to Hec-Ras requirements.

Bill

Message 3 of 4
Cadguru42
in reply to: Rubixcube10

@Rubixcube10 wrote:

I'm currently working on a cross section plan and was wondering if there was any way I can change the direction of the cross section view.  I'm currently just using 2 sample lines, so just 2 views are needed.  My problem is that it seems like one cross section...the view is facing upstream and the other sample line, the cross section view is facing downstream.

Is this normal?  How come both cross sections don't face the same direction?  So with one xsection it's in a East-West direction but the other is a West to East direction.

As far as I know cross sections only face the direction of the alignment. Are you using a single alignment or two different ones?

C3D 2022-2024
Windows 10 Pro
32GB RAM
Message 4 of 4
Rubixcube10
in reply to: Cadguru42

single alignment.  I must be looking at it wrong.  I'll check again on another job with a mountain next to the stream.  That will confirm but at the time, I'll go with what you guys mentioned with both facing the same direction.

Rob

HP Compaq 8100 Elite
Win 7 Pro SP1 - 64Bit
8GB RAM
i7 860 @ 2.80 GHZ

AutoCad Civil 3d 2012 SP1

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report