Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

crash while creating multiple section views

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
torres
1324 Views, 6 Replies

crash while creating multiple section views

C3D_Section Views.PNG

I need some help! Every time I try to create multiple section views in Civil 3D 2014 the system hangs and never generates the views. It looks as if it's processing but it never stops and never generates.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Matt_Haokip
in reply to: torres

Hi Steven,

The issue might be file specific as I couldn't replicate it on the tutorial files. Please try running Audit, Purge and if it still persist, attach the drawing so that we can review the file and look into the issue.

Thanks,

If my post answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution, so that others can find answers quickly!

Matt Haokip
Message 3 of 7
P_Mitch

Was there any resolution to this, I'm having the same issue

Message 4 of 7
torres

I stopped trying to use the template for placemnet options I used the Draft option and it cut the sections for me but I have not been able to use the Production Option using my template because it crahsed everytime. I'm assuming an issue with the dwg or a corrupt template, but I haven't been able to confirm. Hope it helps

Steven

MsectionViews.PNGand instead of

Message 5 of 7
P_Mitch

What I've noticed in my drawing was that if I selected a User specified Elevation Range, I crashed.  If I select "Automatic" it does not crash.  This is not my project and I did not create the corridor, so I'm going to check to see if portions of the corridor are at 0 elevaiton and if so, I'm wondering if this has something to do with it.  But at least I've narrowed it down to this.  Everything else seems to be working the same.   BTW we are seeing this in 2013.  IT is working on releasing 2014 later this month.  I was hoping it was just a 2013 glitch... I was bummed to see that you experienced this in 2014.Capture.PNG

Message 6 of 7
sbrasher
in reply to: P_Mitch

Has anyone figured out why Civil3D does this? I have had this same problem for a long time. The work-around is using all of the defaults when I create multiple section views. But this is hardly ideal, since I have to go back and manually change them to the range and style that I want. I'd love to know how to fix this!

Message 7 of 7
rosaly.zambrana

I am having the same problem. I audited, purge, but to no avail. It does not let me do my own settings and I need to provide calcs for next week. If anybody can give us something to make it work. Thank you. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report