Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

crash at startup Civil 2011 AGAIN.....

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
3733 Views, 2 Replies

crash at startup Civil 2011 AGAIN.....

After the previous crash two weeks ago, we reinstalled the laptop completely.
We have chosen for Windows 7. (Microsoft. NET 3.5)
Everything worked well until today, when I start Civil3d 2011 I get another fatal error and it will not go away.

FATAL ERROR: Unhandled exeption e0434f4dh 75c19617h ate and ate 75149617h

The odd thing is that this time when I see the message (FATAL ERROR) and I do not click on OK, but when I restart civil3d its remains just good.

If I click OK it s an immediately fatal error.

So I can only work with one crashed session and one working sesion.

How can this be, and more importantly how can I fix this ?????

Can it be the laptop? it's a Dell Latitude E6500.

Mike.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
SethHall
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi jajo-

You mentioned that everything was working correctly up until the other day, is there any type of file scan/anitvirus/registry cleaner that runs periodically that could be modifying and/or deleting some of Autodesk's files? If there is such a program running, could you ensure that all of Autodesk's files are exempt from such scans?

To resolve the issue you may need to perform another clean installation, but we would suggest first trying to log in as another user and see if you can reproduce. If Civil 3D works as expected, then you just need to reset your Windows profile per these instructions: http://usa.autodesk.com/getdoc/id=TS14929107 

Hope this helps!!

Seth Hall
Product Owner
Model Builder
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I just helped a client with an issue of "crashing on startup" we were able to fix it by deleting his profile from the icon (everything after the /p through <<Civil3D Imperial>>" and it worked for him. 

I hope your up and running, but I'd like to let others know one possible fix.

TdH

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report