Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

corridor style-getting points to show in plan view.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
mikeshick
298 Views, 4 Replies

corridor style-getting points to show in plan view.

I'm not too familiar with corridor styles.  How can get points to show on my cooridor in plan view?

Mike Shick
www.medesigns.us
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
mathewkol
in reply to: mikeshick

What kind of points? Please be more specific.
Matt Kolberg
SolidCAD Professional Services
http://www.solidcad.ca /
Message 3 of 5
mikeshick
in reply to: mathewkol

Sorry...I didn't know there are different types of points.  I was thinking that in a surface style, points can be turned on or off.  I thought corridors had the same option.  What I was looking to do is tie feature lines into corridor elevation by snapping to points on the top surface of the corridor.  Sometimes when trying to snap using near or endpoint doesn't work well.

Does this clarify the question?

Mike Shick
www.medesigns.us
Message 4 of 5
mathewkol

Corridors don't have the same option, not exactly. The code set style controls the display of point codes in cross section, but these do not show well in plan. Snap does not work well in many situations because the are so many overlapping feature lines in a corridor. Take the ETW, there are ETW_Sub, ETW_Base etc right on top of each other. To avoid this you need a code set style which shows ONLY the top links and you have to manually turn off any feature line that is not on the top of the corridor (in the corridor properties dialog box)

You can use the Cogo Points from Corridor tool to create points along any feature line. These are not dynamic, but the will allow you to snap to the Node of the desired point.
Matt Kolberg
SolidCAD Professional Services
http://www.solidcad.ca /
Message 5 of 5
Joe-Bouza

I wouln't snap to the corridor but rather transparently snap to the surface from the corridor

Your Name
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Your Name

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report