Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

corridor section editor data overrides not displaying in cross sections

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Cadagain2000
585 Views, 6 Replies

corridor section editor data overrides not displaying in cross sections

I have added intermediate sample lines in my corridor.  These sections appear in the section editor and I can make changes to the data.  The changes show correctly in the section editor and section view, however, when I plot the cross sections some of these added stations do not show the overrides.  They are showing the original assembly group parameters.  How do I get all the cross sections to reflect the edited data from the section editor?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Hey Cadagain2000,

Would you be willing to upload your drawing file(s)? Please let me know if they are too large, or if you would prefer not to upload to a public page. If that is the case I can create a FTP or dropbox location for you to access.

Jason Ferrelli
Message 3 of 7
Cadguru42
in reply to: Cadagain2000

@Cadagain2000 wrote:

I have added intermediate sample lines in my corridor.  These sections appear in the section editor and I can make changes to the data.  The changes show correctly in the section editor and section view, however, when I plot the cross sections some of these added stations do not show the overrides.  They are showing the original assembly group parameters.  How do I get all the cross sections to reflect the edited data from the section editor?

I had a similar problem with 2013. There were some sections where the section editor refused to let me edit the section even though the section clearly existed in the plan view and cross sections. I was told that it was because I had to many sections in my corridor. Not sure how in the world a 64-bit software made for road design can have too many corridor sections, but apparently C3D has a limit. Perhaps you've reached it?

C3D 2022-2024
Windows 10 Pro
32GB RAM
Message 4 of 7

Please set up FTP or dropbox lcoation. Thanks.

Lori Engen

Engineering Technician
Eau Claire County Highway Department
2000 Spooner Avenue
Altoona, Wisconsin 54720
Voice: 715-839-2952
Fax: 715-839-4952
Web: co.eau-claire.wi.us

This communication constitutes an electronic communication within the meaning of the Electronic Privacy Act, 18 USC 2510 and its disclosure is strictly limited to the recipient intended by the sender of this message. This communication is confidential and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. Receipt by anyone other than the intended recipient does not constitute waiver or loss of the confidential or privileged nature of the communication. If the person receiving this message is not the intended recipient or you have received this message in error, any review, publication, copying or other distribution of this information is strictly prohibited. If you received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately at the email address above, return the original message to me by mail, destroy any copies you may have made and delete the communication from any computer and/or storage media. Thank you for your cooperation.

This communication constitutes an electronic communication within the meaning of the Electronic Privacy Act, 18 USC 2510 and its disclosure is strictly limited to the recipient intended by the sender of this message. This communication is confidential and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. Receipt by anyone other than the intended recipient does not constitute waiver or loss of the confidential or privileged nature of the communication. If the person receiving this message is not the intended recipient or you have received this message in error, any review, publication, copying or other distribution of this information is strictly prohibited. If you received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately at the email address above, return the original message to me by mail, destroy any copies you may have made and delete the communication from any computer and/or storage media. Thank you for your cooperation.
Message 5 of 7
Rick_Rhodes

I am having a similar problem.  I have two baselines, EB and WB, sections views at EB stations (50 foot intervals).  When I make change to the WB corridor in the parameter editor it is not reflected on the sections views.  I have tried using multiple baselines within the same corridor or two seperate corridor for each EB and WB, neither of which I can get modify sections (through corridor section editor) to appear correctly in the sections views.  Is there a way to do this?

Message 6 of 7
Cadagain2000
in reply to: Rick_Rhodes

The exact sections must sampled and added to the corridor properties - corridor frequency list. If you have picked a station location on the screen rather than typed the exact station in it may appear to be exact but the precision may not coincide. (I.E. sample line reads 30+42.55, however the station precision may be set so that it is actually 30+42.5483294). Delete these manually placed sample lines then add the station back in by typing the sample line station location (I.E. 3042.55). Regenerate the drawing after you make changes to the sections in section editor.
Message 7 of 7
Rick_Rhodes

That worked great, thanks.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report