Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

corridor road structure quantities

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Calbarda
2184 Views, 4 Replies

corridor road structure quantities

I have created a 6.5km long corridor and i now need to pull the quantities of the 3 layers of road structure. My assemly is set up so that the left and right side tie back into existing ditch's, so i have alignments and profiles set up for each ditch. My main question is what is the best way to get the quantities for each individual layer of road structure. I've been trying to use the corridor properties to create surfaces at each level but i have had mixed results mostly because I am having trouble figuring out the which link codes to use in the surface and which ones to use as the boundary. Is the method i am trying to use correct and if so any guidance would be appreciated or is there a different / better method i should be using. I am using Civil 3D 2008.

Thanks in advance. 

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
jeff_rivers
in reply to: Calbarda

You don't need to create surfaces to get your material quantities, assuming your roadway lane subassembly has material codes (such as Pave 1, Pave 2, Base, Subbase, etc).   Adjust the material thicknesses in the subassembly properties dialog box so the thicknesses in your corridor are correct per your desired road section design. 

Create section lines through your corridor: Sections --> Create Section Lines

Compute material volumes per the sections:  Corridors --> Compute Materials

In the Compute Materials dialog box, for Quantity Takeoff Criteria select Roadway Quantities.

Now map each material criteria to a subassembly corridor shape.  For example, map Pave 1 to "MyCorridor Pave1".  Continue for all the necessary material criterea. 

Finally add a table:  Sections --> Add Tables --> Material Volumes.  Select the appropriate alignment, sample line group, material list, and material.  One material per table, so Pave 1 will be one table, Pave 2 another, and so on.

Jeffrey Rivers
Win 10 Pro 64-bit, Intel i9 3.7GHz, 64 GB
NVIDIA RTX A4000
C3D 2020 V13.2.89.0
Message 3 of 5
Joe-Bouza

(6.5) X W X depth(layer)= Vol

If you want to verify Civil3d.

Pardon me if I over simplified

Thank you

Joseph D. Bouza, P.E. (one of 'THOSE' People)

HP Z210 Workstation
Intel Xeon CPU E31240 @ 3.30 Hz
12 GB Ram

Note: Its all Resistentialism, so keep calm and carry on

64 Bit Win10 OS
Message 4 of 5
Calbarda

Thanks Jeff that did the trick.

Message 5 of 5
LeafRiders

"In the Compute Materials dialog box, for Quantity Takeoff Criteria select Roadway Quantities."

This is exactly what i'm looking for, however I can't seem to figure out this part of the solution. Could someone point me in the right direction. Thanks.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report