Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

corridor question

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Hidden_Brain
265 Views, 1 Reply

corridor question

i have a question for the gurus. how do i accomplish modeling two parallel roads with a median in between? in other words, say a northbound (NB) and a parallel southbound (SB) roadway, with a grass median in between them. the both roads have crown, and then eventually slope down towards the median, and at one point they meet. i am curious to know if say for NB and SB, i have an assembly with the lanes, then shoulder, and then median area past the shoulder at x%, what subassembly should i use to accurately model the point where the NB and SB x%s meet?

*Edit:

I am not sure if i would be able to do it with only one baseline, as the roads may not always be parallel. hope that makes sense.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
ZLQ0000
in reply to: Hidden_Brain

i think the assembly called "divided highway" is what you need. one base line, you need to define the edge when NB and SB are not parallel.

another way is two base line,NB and SB,  use linkslopsbetweenpoints to connect inside shoulders.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report