AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

Distinguished Contributor
MonkeyTrainer
Message 1 of 17 (318 Views)

corridor mill

318 Views, 16 Replies
10-24-2012 12:11 PM

i am doing a notch and overlay with turn lane. i have a new profile that the road will follow. is there an assembly i can build the can have lanes that will super? see the image. (the left and right sides look different because i have been trying different stuff, but that is what it need to look like.) i can build an assembly that works beaurtifully. the problem is, when i  have a profile for the eop to follow, the slope will differ for the two lanes on the one side of the road (since there are "2" lanes.) i have read online stuff but the subassemblies acad created wants an existing profile for it to follow for the overlay. i dont want to do this since i have a proposed profle. no existing ground needs to be used for my overlay what so ever. its like i have a broke back lane from CL to EOP because of the profile on the EOP. it holds the keyed slope for the "first lane", and i would like a constant slope.

someone said to get into the parameters for the subassem. and change the "use superelevation" around. i tried but might have done it wrong. any suggestions would be great. 

thanks people of the internet!

*Expert Elite*
BrianHailey
Message 2 of 17 (287 Views)

Re: corridor mill

10-24-2012 06:42 PM in reply to: MonkeyTrainer

I think the approach you will need to take is to target the profile with your subassemblie. Then, in the Assembly properties, use the output lane slope of that subassembly as the input lane slope for the adjacent subassembly.

http://screencast.com/t/bSvbROPmGCk

MonkeyTrainer
Message 3 of 17 (251 Views)

10-26-2012 01:12 PM in reply to: BrianHailey

Thanks for the reply Brian. I will look into this when I can. I have been struggling with this for some time now.

*Expert Elite*
Joe-Bouza
Message 4 of 17 (233 Views)

10-27-2012 05:44 AM in reply to: MonkeyTrainer

You can set a layout profile when using the OM sub with LOS attached to it for the widening. And if you set match existing it will follow the existing super, plus as Brian showed get the SE from the OM sub

Thank you

Joseph D. Bouza, P.E. (one of 'THOSE' People) Civil 3D 2012 & 2013
HP Z210 Workstation
Intel Xeon CPU E31240 @ 3.30 Hz
12 GB Ram

Note: Its all Resistentialism, so keep calm and carry on

64 Bit Win7 OS
MonkeyTrainer
Message 5 of 17 (204 Views)

10-29-2012 06:47 AM in reply to: Joe-Bouza

as you can see, i tried the option, but it didn't work. am i doing something wrong? both assem. are super AOR's. i tried to change the slope option for the other assem., but it wouldn't let me. i am guessing because it would always super to the inside.

as i said, i know there are rehab assemblies, but all the ones i went through want me to follow an existing grade of some sort, and my proposed design doesn't call for any existing grade to be incorporated, as i am following a brand new proposed profile.

*Expert Elite*
Joe-Bouza
Message 6 of 17 (189 Views)

10-29-2012 07:22 AM in reply to: MonkeyTrainer

If you are not following EG in your milled section then you should be able to assign super to your profile and the inside subs. You cant?

Thank you

HP Z210 Workstation
12 GB Ram

64 Bit Win7 OS
MonkeyTrainer
Message 7 of 17 (184 Views)

10-29-2012 07:29 AM in reply to: Joe-Bouza

thats what i thought. i had to do that in another section of the road. the reason for me asking this, is this happens at an intersection and would have to do this very micro-engineering like. there are a ton of cross sectiions at this point because of curb radii. this method takes forever. i thought civ3d might have settings to combat this. it could take hours and hours to do and back check. this isnt the only area i have to do this in. see image.

thanks Joe.

*Expert Elite*
Joe-Bouza
Message 8 of 17 (171 Views)

10-29-2012 08:15 AM in reply to: MonkeyTrainer

Intersections? I do them differently that the mainline. Have you ever modeled an intersection? Bassically adding more baselines for curb returns and what-nots. I wouldn't try to run cl through and pickup the returns 

Thank you

HP Z210 Workstation
12 GB Ram

64 Bit Win7 OS
*Expert Elite*
Joe-Bouza
Message 9 of 17 (157 Views)

10-29-2012 08:41 AM in reply to: MonkeyTrainer

I got a glimpse of that :smileytongue:

Yeah, but Engineering comes first. Layout a sound engineered path and your work flow should take a natural course

Thank you

HP Z210 Workstation
12 GB Ram

64 Bit Win7 OS
MonkeyTrainer
Message 10 of 17 (154 Views)

10-29-2012 08:43 AM in reply to: Joe-Bouza

sorry, i deleted my old post...but,

Joe, did you see the 5th post picture named in-detail with the detail of how my subs were setup? i thought that is what i was doing, in the assemblie properties. if you look at that picture, can you tell me if i am doing something wrong with trying to apply the super? i re-read your post to make sure i wasn't missing something.

thanks.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Civil 3D Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for AutoCAD Civil 3D helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Civil 3D

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs