AutoCAD Civil 3D General

Distinguished Contributor
MonkeyTrainer
Message 1 of 4 (212 Views)

corridor line follows existing grade

212 Views, 3 Replies
01-11-2013 06:56 AM

image attached

i have a corridor. the corridor feature line that is supposed to hit the proposed centerline is following my existing grade instead of where the profile is. in other words, the corridor line i need at the centerline when i do "feature lines from corridor" is following my existing grade instead of the top of my road. did i accid. change something? i need it to follow the top centerline of my road. the red arrow is the line i need at the top centerline. 

thanks

*Expert Elite*
Neilw
Message 2 of 4 (185 Views)

Re: corridor line follows existing grade

01-11-2013 11:44 AM in reply to: MonkeyTrainer

Without knowing how your corridor is set up I would have to say it appears you have applied the Existing Ground profile to your baselines. Make sure your corridor is using the layout profile for the baselines.

Neil Wilson (a.k.a. neilw)
Infrastructure Suite/C3D 2013, LDT 2004, Power Civil v8i SS1
WIN 7 64 PRO
HP Pavillion h8xt, i7 2600, 12 GB
RADEON 6450, 1 GB
http://www.sec-landmgt.com
MonkeyTrainer
Message 3 of 4 (182 Views)

01-11-2013 11:48 AM in reply to: Neilw

yeah thats the first thing i thought of. my baseline is defined as using the proposed profile. i double checked that this is indeed the my prop grade, and not just a typo. thanks.

MonkeyTrainer
Message 4 of 4 (150 Views)

01-14-2013 08:43 AM in reply to: MonkeyTrainer

so i was looking thru the feature lines my corridor should create, and found that the original ground was in the list. how do i add to the "feature lines to create list" on the "feature lines" tab in the corridor properties? image attached.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Civil 3D Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for AutoCAD Civil 3D helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Civil 3D

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs