Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

corridor error mask "0"

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
z3282441
1356 Views, 4 Replies

corridor error mask "0"

I am getting this error when I am trying to create a surface from my corridor. Instead of just defining a surface along my corridor it is trying to connect all contours lines between different parts of the corridor

When creating the surface I define 2 surfaces, one with overhang correction as top links with links data set as top, and a second with overhang correction as bottom links with links data defined as datum. I have then defined the boudaries using add automatically-daylight. I have followed this procedure for 5 previous corridors with no issues (ie the surface matches the corridor) so is there anyway I could have done something different

Any help would be much appreciated

Kristian

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
wfberry
in reply to: z3282441

Just draw a quick "Closed" polyline around your corridor and set it as your boundary.  See what that does.

Bill

Message 3 of 5
z3282441
in reply to: wfberry

Thanks Bill

Its worked well. The only issue is that I have to define the polyline right on the edge of the corridor to get an accurate boundary. That'll be a few hours of work but I'll have to put up with it

Kristian

Message 4 of 5
Hidden_Brain

not sure if the LINEWORKSHRINKWRAP command works on corridors or not, but i guess it's worth a try

Message 5 of 5
sboon

Typically when a corridor boundary fails there could be two causes.  You may have a boundary feature line that crosses itself somewhere - some people call this a bowtie, or there may be two corridor sections on top of one another so that you get duplicate points on the line.  Surface boundaries with duplicate points are not allowed. 

If you open the surface boundaries tab of the corridor properties and click on the ellipsis in the Definitions column then you can see what feature lines are being used and there are some tools for checking the current boundary.  If you want to do things old school then you can also create a boundary by adding the featurelines manually.

Clipboard01.png

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report