Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

corridor boundaries

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
518 Views, 7 Replies

corridor boundaries

hello everybody

I create a corridor using a trench assembly and targets to the existing surface but the corridor did not stop to the surface its  like the picture down i use corridor boundaries  automaticlly trench_daylight .

any suggestion

thanks

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
mathewkol
in reply to: Anonymous

It looks as if the boundary is not being applied.  Create a dummy baseline and then you'll have access to the Corridor Extens as boundary option.  Also, you can use the Create Boundary from corridor command to create a polyline which you can use as a boundary.

Matt Kolberg
SolidCAD Professional Services
http://www.solidcad.ca /
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: mathewkol

thank you for replay

i don't know why trench daylight boundary not work ? and how can i Create a polyline Boundary from corridor command ?
thanks

Message 4 of 8
mathewkol

When you have trouble finding a command you can search using the application menu.  Just type in boundary and corridor and you'll see it.

Matt Kolberg
Message 5 of 8
sboon

If an automatic daylight boundary is not working it's usually one of two reasons.  Either the boundary featureline crosses itself at the inside of a curve (we call that a bowtie), or your corridor has sections where it was unable to daylight properly.

When you rebuild the corridor are there any error messages in the Panorama dialog?

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: sboon

when i rebuild the corridor there's a lot of errors messages told me the intersection with target could not be computed left intersection.

i dont know why i get these messages ?

thanks

Message 7 of 8
sboon

Hard to say without seeing the drawing. Are the corridor targets set to the correct surface? Have you looked at the corridor sections that show errors?
Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 8 of 8
mathewkol

There's another reason there would be no automatic daylight boundary. If there are more or less than 2 daylight feature lines at any given station.

Intersection could not be computed errors are usually because the surface is too close to the corridor so the slope cannot intersect with it.

Yes, fix the errors first and then work on the boundary is the usual workflow. Otherwise use the corridor extents boundary or the pline from corridor iptions.
Matt Kolberg

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report