Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

converting decimal degrees to a point id

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
aslove
2435 Views, 3 Replies

converting decimal degrees to a point id

Is there a way to convert decimal degrees to a point id?  I have tried inputing the decimal degrees in as point but land no where close to the coordinate it should.  Any help would be great.  

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
joeb
in reply to: aslove

I am unsure what you mean by 'decimal degrees' and how you want to apply them.  Are you expressing a desire to create a point by inputting its state plane coordinates (or perhaps lat/long) in decimal form? And by 'point id' do you mean to create a label for the point which displays those coordinates, as opposed to, say, a point number or point description? Please clarify what you're trying to accomplish here - I'm sure someone in the forum can help once we better understand your intent. You might just need a setting change or a new point label style.

Message 3 of 4
aslove
in reply to: joeb

yes, I have converted a lat long coordinate to a decimal degree.  I then would like to that lat-long decimal degree and put into my drawing.  I have my drawing set to UTM27-13F.  When I input the decimal degree it comes in way south of where it should be.  To automate the conversion I have input all of my coordinates into the GEODETOC CALCULATOR to come up with my GRID EASTING AND GRID NORTHING.

Message 4 of 4
david.zavislan
in reply to: aslove

Enter you lat and long data into a comma delimited text file. Then use the Import > Points from File command to import the points into your drawing.  Create a point file format that has a lat/long coordinate zone assigned and the column names Degrees-Latitude and Degrees-Longitude.

DegreesLatLangPointFileFormat.jpg

Toggle on the Do coordinate transformation if possible option at the bottom of the Import Points window.

David Zavislan, P.E. | Wood Rodgers, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report