Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

contour labels and spot shot labels

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
wbrustle
574 Views, 4 Replies

contour labels and spot shot labels

Hi

I am currently working in a drawing that the engineer wants one viewport at 40 scale and another at 20 scale. I am not familiar with annotation scales, but how do I label the contours and spot shots so they look correct in my layout?  They all look the correct size in model space, but when I go to the viewport they are extremely small. The scale of the drawing is set to 40 scale, so the 40 scale viewport everything looks fine, its the 20 scale viewport thats messed up....thank you

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
AllenJessup
in reply to: wbrustle

The text style height in your Point Label Style controls how large the text will appear on a scaled plot. Civil 3D label aren't exactly "Annotative" but they behave similarly and should adjust to the scale of your layout.

tsh.PNG

Set the scale on the Status Bar in Modelspace.

sbs.PNG

Allen Jessup

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 5
Jeff_M

After setting the VP scale be sure to Regen that VP.
Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 4 of 5
wbrustle
in reply to: AllenJessup

thank you....

Message 5 of 5
wbrustle

one other thing I just thought about......can you control the linetype scale of contours within the surface object? I have a surface and now the dashes for my contours are different lengths for the two different scales....I got the labels to look ok, but what about contour linetypes for my surface? I am using hidden and hidden 2 linetype

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report