Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

contextual tab states in civil 3d 2015

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
aluko0719
1952 Views, 11 Replies

contextual tab states in civil 3d 2015

how do you turn off the contextual tab state from switching the ribbon to the object you selected. in civil 3d 2014 in options, selection tab if you clicked on contextual tab state you had three options to change how the contextual tab displayed. in civil 3d 2015 in optons, selection tab, on the contextual tab button the three chooses are no longer there. how do i stop the contextual tab from switching now.

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
Jay_B
in reply to: aluko0719

Don't have 2015 installed yet but the Contextual Tab States are controlled by the System Variable RIBBONCONTEXTSELECT.

Controls how ribbon contextual tabs are displayed when you single- or double-click an object.

You can set this variable in the Ribbon Contextual Tab State Options dialog box.

0 When an object or selection set is single- or double-clicked, focus is not automatically switched

to ribbon contextual tabs defined in contextual tab states.
1 When an object or selection set is single-clicked, focus is switched to the first ribbon contextual

tab defined in contextual tab states.
2 When an object or selection set is double-clicked, focus is switched to the first ribbon contextual

tab defined in contextual tab states.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 3 of 12
Jeff_M
in reply to: Jay_B

Jay, in 2015 that Sysvar is no longer recognized. It IS still shown in the Help file though. I've asked in the Acad forum if this is still available in Vanilla Acad...thinking the C3D folks disabled for us since the contextual ribbon is such an integral part of the program now.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 4 of 12
Jeff_M
in reply to: Jeff_M

It's official, the RIBBONCONTEXTSELECT sysvar has been removed: 2015 help Of course, the rest of the help was not updated to reflect this....

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 5 of 12
Jay_B
in reply to: Jeff_M

Thanks for the info Jeff.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 6 of 12
aluko0719
in reply to: Jay_B

i have a found a work around for this. what you have to do is go into cui, then ribbon, then contextual state tab, find/click on the tab that you want (i.e. geolocation) in the properties in contextual display type change this from"full with focus" to "full without focus". by change this the tab will now appear in the ribbon but not switch automatically to it.

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous

I wonder what the thought process was to do away with the variable? There is such a long list of contextual tab states now, not very practical to go through each one and disable the focus, hopefully that is fixed in a service pack soon. I hate the lag every time I select something, really disrupts my flow. Is there some sort of thought we should be using a different method of viewing the ribbon so the lag isn't experienced??

Message 8 of 12
aluko0719
in reply to: Anonymous

i don't know of anyway to reduce the lag. it took me less than 30 minutes to change the focus. i hope that they issue a sp soon. there is so many things wrong with 2015.

Message 9 of 12
Anonymous

Still trying to figure out how to get rid of the lag. It seems like it has something to do with selecting objects and the tabs are still cycling to provide automation toward the selection content. I really don't want that since there is about a 1 second delay every time. I've changed most of the contextual tab states to full without focus but there seems to still be something embedded... ugh! I guess I' check that my video card and mouse are up to date tomorrow. I've disabled about everything I can think of having to do with selection, hardware, snap, etc.. Our IT department is gaining momentum too, installing new antivirus, logging on to our workstations in the background (busted them on that, sneaky bastards) that makes it even harder to close in on the problem since they create an exponential number of variables... why can't this be my world??

Message 10 of 12
Anonymous

Well, I found my issue, I disabled every thing I could think of as far as snap, tab states, hardware acceleration, etc. Changed my windows theme to basic, defragmented my hard drive, made sure my drivers were up to date, went through the windows maintenance routines, etc. etc. Still had the issue in some drawings, it seems with xreferences but only some... In a drawing I was experienceing the problems, I purged, audited, unloaded the xrefs, still 1 second delay when selecting items. I then purged the styles... bingo. Now all I need to do is figure which style from 2014 so I don't have to get rid of things I would potentially need. Ahhh, relief

Message 11 of 12
aluko0719

i wonder why the styles where making it lag. do you have a lot of styles?

Message 12 of 12
Anonymous

In that particular drawing I had 101. But it is a drawing I've been working on since 2008 so who knows what was in there...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report