Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

command in progress error when plotting by window

25 REPLIES 25
Message 1 of 26
Jmarugg
2686 Views, 25 Replies

command in progress error when plotting by window

This is a wierd error. When plotting by window a command in progress error would display and not allow me to do anything. I fould that hitting the ESC ket rappidly would get me out. Considering how throughly fustrated I was, I figured out what was causing it. Its the scroll wheel. There is there some sort of option I don't know about for 2013? If I try and plot by window and use the scroll wheel to zoom it I get the command in progress error everytime plotter settings don't matter. This has got to be a bug of some sort due to the fact that I have tryed it on 2 workstations with the same result. Any Ideas on how to fix it, or should I just wait. 

25 REPLIES 25
Message 21 of 26
Karsten.Saenger
in reply to: Arfman

The "Command in Progress" Error is usually displayed when you have a command running (although you might not notice it) and you hit another command. However, the issue you are seeing is reported to Autodesk development where plot with windows was showing command in progress or command locks and hitting ESC multiple times would release it.
In that case, a workaround is not to use the mouse wheel when in the "window" mode since the issue seems to be related to the mouse wheel. Instead you can use the navigation wheel for zooming and panning or the zoom/pan buttons from the ribbon "View" - "Navigate 2D".

Other workaround: if you were to use the ( ‘ ) apostrophe followed with a Z for zoom or a P for Pan then you would not experience the same error. The trick is to not use the wheel mouse during your second pick, but the transparent commands for zoom and pan using the ‘p or the ‘z commands instead.

A fix is scheduled for Service Pack 2.

Karsten Saenger
Message 22 of 26

Did Service Pack 2 fix this issue? 

Message 23 of 26

Hi Jennifer,
the readme of the service pack 2 states that the issue has been solved, see
http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=22018129&linkID=9240698

There also exist a technical solution to this issue - before SP2:
http://usa.autodesk.com/getdoc/id=TS21992498

Karsten Saenger
Message 24 of 26
vkrasheed
in reply to: Arfman

Message 25 of 26
Grimes_MG
in reply to: Karsten.Saenger

I have SP-2 installed on my C3D 2013 (64-bit) and scrolling while in the 'Window' command for plotting still creates the "Document <filepath and filename> has a command in progress." error. You have to use the "PAN" or "ZOOM" buttons under the "View" tab on the Ribbon.

Can we have a fix please?

Win7 (x64), EVGA 790i, 8GB RAM, EVGA 8800GT, 250 GB iSSHDD, & RAID 0/1
Message 26 of 26
RKincer
in reply to: Jmarugg

This error just occurred for me using Civil3d 2014.  About a week prior to receiving the Command in Progress error I clicked a dialogue box that asked about turning on "Level of Detail".  I didn't not know what this was at the time and just went with it as the dialogue stated the program would run faster/smoother/quicker/whatever. I have not received the Command in Progress error since I turned the level of detail off, using command: LEVELOFDETAILOFF.  I hope this helps everyone else.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report