Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

code set

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
lambertb
329 Views, 4 Replies

code set

I change a label in my code set but it doesn't seem to take in my assembly and section view properties. I set to label the sidewalk out but in assembly properties in is just a blank space. Same with section properties. Any ideas? I am using the basic assembly OOTB and wish to label the back top edge of the sidewalk.

Thanks.

codeset

C3D 2022 and 2024
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
lambertb
in reply to: lambertb

My bad.

SideWalk_Out was the one in the code set.

Sidewalk_Out is the assembly one.

Without straining my eyes, I did not notice the capital W in sidewalk... There are so many duplicates and garbage in some of the code sets and templates due to case sensitivity. We may need to hire someone with good eye sight and knowledge of the alphabit to weed this out...

C3D 2022 and 2024
Message 3 of 5
tcorey

...We may need to hire someone with good eye sight and knowledge of the alphabit to weed this out...

That's funny. It's hard to keep your sense of humor when things aren't working right, but you've succeeded. I didn't lol, but I did qc (quietly chuckle) at that. Have a good weekend...

Tim

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 4 of 5
sboon
in reply to: tcorey

Actually this leads to an idea for a useful utility tool for the programmers among us.  I am thinking of a dialog that would list every code used in the drawing, along with the subassemblies or styles where these codes come from.  The list would be sortable, or items could be grouped to show all of the codes within an assembly etc.

This utility would be a simple editor, allowing the user to fix any minor issues with misspelled codes, and it would include a find and replace tool to fix multiple errors.

Steve
Please use the Accept as Solution or Kudo buttons when appropriate

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 5 of 5
Grimes_MG

Is it possible to redefine a built-in subassembly's code? For example, the built-in "Primary Road Fill Section" assembly's Curb and Gutter subassembly uses Pave1 and SubBase for the Codes; however, most curb is PCC on top of AB not subbase. Since the hatch SubBase is defined in the style and applied to the entire Assembly (road and gutter), it makes it so the curb and gutter is built on subbase not AB along this the roadway's AC & AB. How can I change the curb's code to be Pave1 on top of Base?

Win7 (x64), EVGA 790i, 8GB RAM, EVGA 8800GT, 250 GB iSSHDD, & RAID 0/1

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report