Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

civil3d crash & hangs or freezes on save or layout switch need hardware reset

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
jes0san
2032 Views, 4 Replies

civil3d crash & hangs or freezes on save or layout switch need hardware reset

Today I added some multiple section views to the drawing (so I think this may be somehow related), and I started having some hard crash & hangs & freezing problems (not only civil3d crash without CER being invoked but I needed to hard reset the computer by pressing the on/off button since Windows 7 stops responding at all) while switching from model to layout window or even as saving the file ¿any idea of what may be wrong? ; this also happened before when I was editing the section view styles.

Previously I had disabled the layout and model tabs and started making the switching from the icons below (quick view layout and drawings), but now the problem reappears (was occurring less frequently until today).

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
tcorey
in reply to: jes0san

One thing to look at is the value of LAYOUTREGENCTL. Set that to 0 and see if that helps.

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 3 of 5
jes0san
in reply to: tcorey

The parameter LAYOUTREGENCTL was set to "2" (I think equivalento to check -cache model tab and all layouts- on system tab of options) and I changed to "0" (I guess equivalento to check -regen when switching layouts- on system tab of options); then I managed to switch to layout&model back and forward (with a slight delay).

Unfortunately after doing some minor editing (inside the viewport on layout) I clicked on save and I got a crash (needed hardware reboot), later I got another one when switching back from model in viewport to layout.

Message 4 of 5
jes0san

I managed to make a screenshot of task manager and every time civil3d starts to freeze & hangs memory consumption is increased a lot (until operative system locks I think); atached is a 6,860,232 KB sample but I've seen it rise to 7.2GB before I lost total response of the computer; it keeps happening both on saving or switching. Normal usage is 1.2GB with this file (238MB).

Message 5 of 5
tcorey

What is your visual style set to? Be sure it's 2dWireFrame.

Is this happening on a single drawing or does it happen on all drawings?

Have you checked your video card for compatibility with the Autodesk Certified Graphics Database?

Have you Recovered the drawing to fix any database errors that might exist?

Run the command line version of the Purge command. Type -Purge (include the hyphen) to run the command. Be sure you purge RegApps as well as others objects.

Good luck,

Tim

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report