Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

civil3d 2013-How do you check elevations on crossing alignments

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
tsachi
741 Views, 4 Replies

civil3d 2013-How do you check elevations on crossing alignments

Hi,

I have recently started working with civil3d 2012 & 2013 so go easy one me...

How can i check the elevations of 2 alignments that cross (junction)?

The localization team in Israel has added a utility that marks the junction on the profile view with a red flag and 2 marker lines, one for the existing ground and one for the elevation of the crossing alignments. The flag is not a civil3d entity, it's not dynamic and needs to be reset after each change.

Does anyone have a better way of checking the elevations? (including adding a block or anything to the profile to show the other alignment name and elevation)

Regards,

T. Krendel - Eltan Civil Eng. 2002 

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
BrianHailey
in reply to: tsachi

I would just add a surface elevation label at the location of the intersection that doesn't display any surface elevation data. Instead, have it use reference text that will display the elevations of the two profiles at that location and then drag it to the location in the profile view.

HERE is a drawing with an example style in it.

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Message 3 of 5
tsachi
in reply to: BrianHailey

Thanks for your help.

I tried inserting the label you suggested (with the sample block) but the data written in the label is not the correct elevation (i have no idea where it takes the elevation from).

Can you please explain the process step by step? as I said, i'm pretty new to civil3d.

Thanks.

Message 4 of 5
BrianHailey
in reply to: tsachi

When you use the label, it will ask you for the reference profiles. You can either select them in the drawing or hit enter to select them from a list. Just make sure the label is placed at the intersection of the two aligments in the plan view, select the two profiles, and then use the "dragged state" grip to place it in the profile view.

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Message 5 of 5
tsachi
in reply to: BrianHailey

Thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report