Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

civil3d 2012 locks on mapiinsert

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
283 Views, 2 Replies

civil3d 2012 locks on mapiinsert

Hello,

I am trying to attach a tif image using the "mapiinsert" command. I can launch the command fine but when I try to browse for a file, autoCAD becomes non-responsive.  I'm getting used to it telling me it's "not responding" when all I really need to do is wait a few minutes, but I waited 20 at one point.

I have been using this command for a while now so I'm not sure what the heck happened (it just started last night).

Any feeedback would be appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
tcorey
in reply to: Anonymous

Is the browse window looking for a network location? How about if you let it take its 20 minutes, then browse and find a file on the local machine, insert it.

Use Mapiinsert again, should default to the local machine. Does this take a long time, too? If not, check Network Discovery setting in Windows 7.

Do you have Firewall and Virus Detection turned on? If you disable those, does this speed up your browsing?

Some other possibilities: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/winserverPN/thread/a543c608-91b0-4a27-95a2-f5e24e36...

or this: http://www.brighthub.com/computing/windows-platform/articles/91777.aspx

Tim

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: tcorey

Thanks for the response Tim. 

I am trying to browse for a network file and it will indeed work locally.  Figures.  This machine is so locked-down all I can do is forward the info to IT.

We're running on a Novell network, btw.

Cheers!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report