Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

civil 3d structures with multiple connection points

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
TherealJD
1000 Views, 3 Replies

civil 3d structures with multiple connection points

I want to create a custom square structure that will have different connection points depending on the size of the rectangular pipe that's connecting to it. Is this possible to do? so if pipe is x size, connect to P1, if pipe is Y size, connect to P2..

I'm finding very little info online for custom structure creation for civil 3d, so if anyone has links they can provide, that would be great.

I've attached a picture for clarification

Thanks,

JD

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
tyronebk
in reply to: TherealJD

As far as I'm aware structures can currently only have one attachment point, the insertion point of the structure. People have gotten around this by disconnecting the pipes and manually moving the pipes to the required location (or writing a program to do it). Unfortunately this does not always produce great results. The AU site has had a few classes presented on part builder including one last year (http://au.autodesk.com/?nd=class&session_id=5178) which was well received.
Message 3 of 4
TherealJD
in reply to: tyronebk

I thought there were structures already built with multiple connection points... but i can't seem to find any now... Anyway, thanks for the AU link. I'm downloading it right now. Maybe it'll show the limitations of what i can and can't do with part builder.

Message 4 of 4
mhoodLT6NU
in reply to: tyronebk

Hello-interested in the answer, but the link above did not work for me. I could not find it in the archives either.

Michelle Hood, Associate
Johnson, Mirmiran & Thompson, Inc.
An Employee-Owned Company

Design Software Support Agent
& JMT C3DUG facilitator
Design Center of Excellence

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report