Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

civil 3d 2014 palette error, its driving me crazy.........

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
lisaj98052
366 Views, 5 Replies

civil 3d 2014 palette error, its driving me crazy.........

palette error.jpgIcivil 3d 2014 palette error, even if I restore the original one, if they are edited, open and closed, or saved, they come up empty after this error.  what could be doing this. please help, thanks these worked great one day and not the next.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Jeff_M
in reply to: lisaj98052

Hi Lisa,

This question really should be in the main C3D forum, as this one is for custom programming using the provided API's. 

However, I'll take a stab at it. Is L: a network drive? If so, how is it defined? Do things work fine if you use Windows Explorer to browse to a location on L: prior to running C3D?

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 3 of 6
lisaj98052
in reply to: Jeff_M

Yes all our AutoCAD support data is on L: line, cui, lisp. Here a little more to go on.

If in options I path my palette to my local palette folders, in my user appdata..../support/Tool palette folder, it errors out.

Here’s a better description of what happens: On your computer in your tool palette folder are the AcTpCatalog.atc files one with 15kb and one with 1kb.

if I path to these and open AutoCad they load and work, but if I get out of AutoCAD and come back in,  I get an "unable to load catalog error and the catalog files are  now 0 kb. and the palettes are empty. Every time after that if I go in and out of AutoCAD it makes a new atc file with 1kb. I could have 10 of these by the end of the day. I first I thought is way just my machine but it’s happening on all machines.

And it’s happening with the out of box palette, I have remove all custom palettes from the equation at this point.

I was working on Friday and all was working great, I left the office early and in the afternoon the IT manager did a database update on the sever, totally hosed everyone, data base programs, he had to do a rollback, to put everything back to the way it was, “to un screw what he had screw up, sort a speak”, and everyone was work fine again. When I came in on Sunday, our AutoCAD machines where erroring out. have had this problem ever sense.

I found a few threads out on the web and others have had this issue, but I have not found a solution yet.

Thanks

Message 4 of 6
Jeff_M

I see. I think you will get a better review from other users by moving this thread to the main forum. I've asked the moderator to move it there.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 5 of 6
lisaj98052
in reply to: Jeff_M

Thanks
Message 6 of 6
AllenJessup

You shouldn't have to. But, have you tried adding that path to the Support File Search Path on the Files tab of Options?

Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report