Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

civil 3d 2010 is better than civil 3d 2012 in UI

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
hamidcivil3d
450 Views, 5 Replies

civil 3d 2010 is better than civil 3d 2012 in UI

Hello everyone

1-Now iam really angry about civil 3d 2012!! because i don't know why everytime i make vertical curve my lines are not fit to right position and also K valu i calculate is not equal to K value of civil 3d !!

K=L/A       A=|G1-G2|      G1,G2 are percent

2-And also i could not change color of Right vertical axe anno.

3-i use wide monitor therfor i enlarge size of everything in windows 7 to 135% but when i open civil3d 2012 all of buttons are not fit to my monitor but civil 3d 2010 didn't have this kind of problem

I put my File I hope someone show me how to solve my problems and maybe i'm wrong

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
mathewkol
in reply to: hamidcivil3d

You can be angry, but don't direct it towards Civil 3D.

1.  The K is perfect in your DWG.  Grade 1 is -5.4, grade 2 is 1.81 and the length is 6.75.

(1.81 -(-5.4)) = 7.21

6.75/7.21 = 0.94

2.  I had no trouble changing the coloour.  Your right labels were set to bylayer in the text component editor.

2.png

3.  I have no idea what you mean about the third item.

Matt Kolberg
SolidCAD Professional Services
http://www.solidcad.ca /
Message 3 of 6
Jeff_M

IN response to your numberes queries:

1. a. The dimension line component in the label style is defined as having a fixed length, change this to a Percentage and use 100% to have it fit between the lines.

1. b. The K is correct, mathematically......the formula uses the true slopes and length to calculate K, not the labeled values. Where the slope is labeled 5.4%, it is actually a 5.4033%. The 1.81% is actually 1.8123%. Using these numbers, the K calcs to 0.9355 or 0.94 as displayed.

2. The Color Property of the Major Vertical grid Tick label text was set to bylayer. In order to use the color set in the Display properties for the ProfileView STyle this must be ByBlock.

3. Can you post a screen capture of what you are seeing?

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 4 of 6
hamidcivil3d

thank you for your respond

your help about percent was really useful but about changing color i couldnot recorect my problem see my pic

i do the same things about right axe but i coldnot get my interest.

Message 5 of 6
Jeff_M

When in the ProfileView properties dialog, on the Vertical Axis tab, look at the Major Tick Label setting. You will see this:

12-25-2011 11-57-46 AM.png

The "\256" is saying that the color ByLayer is to be used. To clear this, edit the text component by clicking the icon on the right of that line. In the text component editor, select the text in the right pane, go to the Format tab, change the color to ByBlock, see the pic:

12-25-2011 11-58-23 AM.png

Make sure to hit OK to exit all dialogs. You may need to REGEN to see the changes.

I still don't know what you mean by your third question above.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 6 of 6
hamidcivil3d

Thank you 

you solved my problem and about the third one i understand my problem.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report