Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

catch basin inverts shown incorrectly

18 REPLIES 18
Message 1 of 19
jmatte2004
1398 Views, 18 Replies

catch basin inverts shown incorrectly

below is a portion of a profile i am working that shows the bottom of the catch basins not at the correct elevation the correct elevation is at the pipe invert the dashed line by checking the structure properties the cb are at the inverts are correct but the actual drawing is not shown correctly. if that make any sense to anyone do  you have any ideas how to fix.

18 REPLIES 18
Message 2 of 19
sjg
Advisor
in reply to: jmatte2004

Structure bottom will typcially be at a different elevation than pipe inverts because of structure floor thickness. Also make sure that your strucutre sump depth is 0
Steve Goessling
Land Consultants
Civil3D 2015
Windows 7, 64 bit
Intel i7 2600 @ 3.40Ghz
16 GB RAM
Nvidia Quadro 600
Message 3 of 19
jmatte2004

think that is the problem it will not let me change the sump deph it is set to 5.44 feet for the structure i have the rules set to 0 but it is following the structure default how to i change that

Message 4 of 19
ice_a

i think you can always create a new set of rules to apply but it all depends what is allowed in your company or the required minimum design parameter.

_ice

Message 5 of 19
jmatte2004

as long as it show correctly they don't care. they hire me to usher in the use of civil 3d since i have been using it for about 4 years but that was the 2009 verision now we are using 2012 and i have this problem with the catch basin only everything else works fine. i did edit the basic rule and change the sump depth to 0 but did not change by catch basin invert in the drawing itslef.

Message 6 of 19
graf_p

I edited all my manhole & basin structures in my pipes catalog to have a zero floor thickness using parts builder. I've given up trying to tell the reviewer that the bottom of the structure includes the floor thickness and is not a sump.

PG

Message 7 of 19
jmatte2004

does it show the inverts correctly on the catch basin, mine has the right info but not shown correctly in profile view

Message 8 of 19
graf_p

The invert elevations come from the connecting pipe propeties. Editing the floor thickness of the structure will not change your inverts. I can not  see your pipes in the pdf you posted.

PG

Message 9 of 19
jmatte2004
in reply to: graf_p

okay i am playing with part building now but here is a new pdf to look at the data for the catch basin is correct but the invert (bottom) of the catch basin is not shown correctly.

Message 10 of 19
graf_p

So the dashed lines are the pipes? Can you post a screen capture of one the structure properties?

Message 11 of 19
sjg
Advisor

It is still hard for me to see what is going on in your image. Not sure where the pipes are, maybe even show some invert labels.
Steve Goessling
Land Consultants
Civil3D 2015
Windows 7, 64 bit
Intel i7 2600 @ 3.40Ghz
16 GB RAM
Nvidia Quadro 600
Message 12 of 19
Jeff_M
in reply to: sjg

@sjg wrote:
It is still hard for me to see what is going on in your image. Not sure where the pipes are, maybe even show some invert labels.

Ditto, and, jmatte2004, you would likely get a quicker answer if you could post the drawing.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 13 of 19
jmatte2004

this is the structure properties box. it would not let paste the screen shot.

thanks

jason

Message 14 of 19
jmatte2004

the drawing is to large is there another way i can send you the drawing

Message 15 of 19
jmatte2004

how about your e-mail address and i can upload to autodesk cloud and invite you to download it

Message 16 of 19
graf_p

I'm not familair with Autodesk cloud...

Message 17 of 19
SethHall

Are you referring to the sump elevation being "greyed out"? Is this the issue?

Seth Hall
Product Owner
Model Builder
Message 18 of 19
jmatte2004
in reply to: sjg

no seth, what i have is all the catch basins are the same it labels the sturctures (catch basins) correctly in the structure properties box it gives the correct info. but graphiclly is shown incorrectly (all catch basins are shwon the same depth).

Message 19 of 19
SethHall

What are you using to represent the structure in profile view in the structure style? Is it just a block?

Seth Hall
Product Owner
Model Builder

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report