Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

budget laptop for autocad

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
740 Views, 2 Replies

budget laptop for autocad

I am going to buy a laptop for autocad. Its specifications are
Core i3 4th gen 1.7 ghz
Ram 8GB
Hard disk 1tb 54000 rpm
Gpu Nvidia N15V-GM 2gb
Can i run autocad smoothly??
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
AllenJessup
in reply to: Anonymous

AutoCAD or Civil 3D?

Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 3
Nik-D
in reply to: Anonymous

There are a lot of forum questions on this topic and many varied answers. For what its worth here is my take on things:

1. Are you using Civil 3D, AutoCAD or AutoCAD LT? (since you posted the question in the Civil 3D forum I will assume that its C3D)

2. Typically how big are the files that you want to open on it. Some 3D models I have are in excess of 70MB and take a while to open and would probably crash that sort of machine without more RAM. If the files you are using are smaller say less than 10MB then you should be ok.

3. If you are not using Civil 3D, are the bulk of your drawings going to be in 2D or will you be 3D modelling?

I have a laptops which is an i3 with 4GB RAM. As long as the drawings are not too big or complex it runs fine.

I would advise you however if running C3D to buy the fastest processor that you can afford and if I was buying now I would buy i5 / i7. The reason being that AutoCAD is incredibly processor hungry.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report