Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bridges

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
marcoarmstrong7258
589 Views, 6 Replies

bridges

how do you take out a section of the corridor so you can place a bridge?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
sboon
in reply to: marcoarmstrong7258

Two options:

• Split the corridor into two regions and move their endpoints to leave a gap in the corridor.
  • Split the corridor into three regions and apply a new assembly to the region at the bridge.  C3d does include subassemblies for basic bridge shapes, but many people just use a Null assembly across the gap.  It may also be appropriate to use an assembly which includes the daylight subs only, with near vertical slopes.  This allows the daylight lines to be continuous across the gap so that surface boundaries etc work properly without generating any significant fill quantites in your sections.

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 3 of 7

thanks alot

Message 4 of 7
TrevN
in reply to: marcoarmstrong7258

Hi,

Do you know if there's a way to add bespoke bridge beams into the modeller function? We're doing a tender and it would be nice to show these beams instead of the standard one.

I think I know the answer but thought I'd ask anyway!

Cheers

Message 5 of 7
david.zavislan
in reply to: TrevN

If the beams have a static cross section, you can draw them as closed polylines and then create a subassemblies from them.  Anything more complicated than that can be created with the Subassembly Composer program.

David Zavislan, P.E. | Wood Rodgers, Inc.
Message 6 of 7
TrevN
in reply to: david.zavislan

Thanks for that David very helpful. 

Do you know if it's possible to then use that subassembly with the Bridge Moddler app? And if so how do you get the app to recognise the new subassembly?

Thanks again.

Message 7 of 7
david.zavislan
in reply to: TrevN

I don't think the Bridge Modeling Extension uses the Civil 3D subassemblies.  I think that it uses Revit families.   I don't use Revit Structure, so someone who does will need to confirm this.

David Zavislan, P.E. | Wood Rodgers, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report