AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

Valued Contributor
seant
Message 1 of 5 (68 Views)

arrows on horizontal alignments

68 Views, 4 Replies
10-31-2004 04:27 PM
Hi,

Does anyone know how to change the scale of the arrows on the horizontal alignments from a factor to a fixed value?

cheers,

Sean Twomey
*James Wedding
Message 2 of 5 (68 Views)

Re: arrows on horizontal alignments

10-31-2004 05:59 PM in reply to: seant
Unfortunately, you can't. All labels/symbols are based on the end plotting goal, so they assume all things need to be in plotting inches/mms. I've asked for the same option for the future. We'll see if it shows up! -- James Wedding, P.E. IT Manager Jones & Boyd, Inc. Dallas, TX XP/2 on P4-3.4/1G LDT2005+C3D http://au.autodesk.com Sign up now for AU2004!
Valued Contributor
seant
Message 3 of 5 (68 Views)

10-31-2004 06:51 PM in reply to: seant
Thanks James,

Just to clarify -
I'm happy with the text and leader arrows scaling in viewports - the arrow I was referring to is the direction component of the alignment segments. It seems to vary in size with the length of the segment.

The only control i can find is the ability to turn the display off - is there anything else?

cheers,
SeanT
*James Wedding
Message 4 of 5 (68 Views)

10-31-2004 08:06 PM in reply to: seant
Not that I can think of. I found that a label style with only an arrow worked better. I would only use the alignment arrow component during design stages, not for final output. -- James Wedding, P.E. IT Manager Jones & Boyd, Inc. Dallas, TX XP/2 on P4-3.4/1G LDT2005+C3D http://au.autodesk.com Sign up now for AU2004!
*Dave Simeone
Message 5 of 5 (68 Views)

11-01-2004 06:49 AM in reply to: seant
Hi - I played with making a label style that was the arrow. It seemed to work pretty well (it's a fixed size along all tangents and curves). I made the style in the followng way: Alignment label style Create NEW under the Line style (then under curves) Add a new Block element to the label achor the block to the feature /achor segment select the arrow block that you want to use make any adjustments to scale I needed to rotate the block 180 deg Once the label styles are created... Use the Alignment -Add Labels... -Multisegement (label type) - use the arrow styles for lines and curves Notes: 1. Lines have a direction able label element that you can use. You can also use an arrow block Hope this helps... Dave S "James Wedding" wrote in message news:4185b69c$1_1@newsprd01... > Not that I can think of. I found that a label style with only an arrow > worked better. I would only use the alignment arrow component during design > stages, not for final output. > > -- > James Wedding, P.E. > IT Manager > Jones & Boyd, Inc. > Dallas, TX > XP/2 on P4-3.4/1G > LDT2005+C3D > http://au.autodesk.com > Sign up now for AU2004! > >

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Civil 3D Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for AutoCAD Civil 3D helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Civil 3D

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs