Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

arrows on horizontal alignments

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
273 Views, 4 Replies

arrows on horizontal alignments

Hi,

Does anyone know how to change the scale of the arrows on the horizontal alignments from a factor to a fixed value?

cheers,

Sean Twomey
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Unfortunately, you can't. All labels/symbols are based on the end plotting goal, so they assume all things need to be in plotting inches/mms. I've asked for the same option for the future. We'll see if it shows up! -- James Wedding, P.E. IT Manager Jones & Boyd, Inc. Dallas, TX XP/2 on P4-3.4/1G LDT2005+C3D http://au.autodesk.com Sign up now for AU2004!
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

Thanks James,

Just to clarify -
I'm happy with the text and leader arrows scaling in viewports - the arrow I was referring to is the direction component of the alignment segments. It seems to vary in size with the length of the segment.

The only control i can find is the ability to turn the display off - is there anything else?

cheers,
SeanT
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

Not that I can think of. I found that a label style with only an arrow worked better. I would only use the alignment arrow component during design stages, not for final output. -- James Wedding, P.E. IT Manager Jones & Boyd, Inc. Dallas, TX XP/2 on P4-3.4/1G LDT2005+C3D http://au.autodesk.com Sign up now for AU2004!
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

Hi - I played with making a label style that was the arrow. It seemed to work pretty well (it's a fixed size along all tangents and curves). I made the style in the followng way: Alignment label style Create NEW under the Line style (then under curves) Add a new Block element to the label achor the block to the feature /achor segment select the arrow block that you want to use make any adjustments to scale I needed to rotate the block 180 deg Once the label styles are created... Use the Alignment -Add Labels... -Multisegement (label type) - use the arrow styles for lines and curves Notes: 1. Lines have a direction able label element that you can use. You can also use an arrow block Hope this helps... Dave S "James Wedding" wrote in message news:4185b69c$1_1@newsprd01... > Not that I can think of. I found that a label style with only an arrow > worked better. I would only use the alignment arrow component during design > stages, not for final output. > > -- > James Wedding, P.E. > IT Manager > Jones & Boyd, Inc. > Dallas, TX > XP/2 on P4-3.4/1G > LDT2005+C3D > http://au.autodesk.com > Sign up now for AU2004! > >

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report