Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

area in acres from line label

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
demus72
694 Views, 5 Replies

area in acres from line label

Is it possible to insert a formula or is there an existing expression I could use to calculate area in acres from a General Overall Length line label if I input the width?

Thank you

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: demus72

{General Overall Area}/43560

Thank you

Joseph D. Bouza, P.E. (one of 'THOSE' People)

HP Z210 Workstation
Intel Xeon CPU E31240 @ 3.30 Hz
12 GB Ram

Note: Its all Resistentialism, so keep calm and carry on

64 Bit Win10 OS
Message 3 of 6
demus72

Thanks for the reply Joe. I'm not real experienced with expressions so I'll explain what I am trying to do. I have a distance label style set up for line segments. The lines I am labeling represent the centerlines of 50 foot wide easements. What I would like the label to report is the segment length and area in acres based on the segment length. I need a formula or expression to multiply the reported segment length by 50 and then divide by 43560 and have this acreage reported in my label.

Thanks

Message 4 of 6
Jeff_M

Create a new General Line label exprssion, call it "Area of 50 foot wide easement". Use this exprssion:

11-15-2012 9-53-29 AM.png

In the label style, add the exprssion into the text component, formatted for Acres:

11-15-2012 9-55-57 AM.png

and the result:

11-15-2012 9-56-51 AM.png

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 5 of 6
demus72
in reply to: Jeff_M

Eureka! Joe got me on the right track and thanks to you Jeff I was able to make it work. The part I was missing was the "Format results as" in the Edit Expression window. Now that I have it set to "Area", it works.

Now, is there any way I can make this area part of the label not print?

Thank you Joe and Jeff,

Have a good day.

Message 6 of 6
Jeff_M

On the Format tab of the Text Component Editor, change the color for this component to be 255. Most plotters will not plot this as it is essentially white.

If you find a response which answers your question, please be sure to accept the actual post which helped you as the solution. This will help future searchers quickly find answers to their own questions. Thanks!

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report