Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

annotative objects scaling to current view scale

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Steve030373
978 Views, 3 Replies

annotative objects scaling to current view scale

I love annotative scaling of objects it is a great feature. I am however having one problem that I'm not sure if I've missed a setting or something.  Is there a way to prevent civil 3d from scaling your annotative objects based on the view scale you are looking at?  For example if I zoom out (in model space or max viewport) to show my entire drawing and regen, civil 3d scales all my text and blocks to an enomous scale esentially blocking my entire drawing with solid colour. also if I zoom into a small area to do some detail work all my text becomes microscopic and unuseable. This makes adjusting text so it doesn;t overlap other text very difficult if it never appears at the correct size. Is there a way to freeze annotative objects at thier correct scale (for the current viewport scale) so they dont scale simply because you zoom in or out on a drawing?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Once you set your viewport scale, lock the viewport.  Then all panning and zooming will occur in paperspace and will not affect the size of the Civil 3D labels. 

David Zavislan, P.E. | Wood Rodgers, Inc.
Message 3 of 4
gunnarl
in reply to: Steve030373

The above option will help. But the text will still scale when in model space (tab) or VP Max/Min. It pretty much limits you to working in a locked viewport if you don't want to annotative behavior to drive you crazy.

Message 4 of 4
david.zavislan
in reply to: gunnarl

While on the model space tab, the text will display based on the selected annotation scale.  It will not change as you zoom in and out..  Set the annotation scale to the value that you will be using in the layout viewport.

I don't use the VP max/min command, so I can't speak about the behavior of Civil 3D labels in that viewport mode.

David Zavislan, P.E. | Wood Rodgers, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report