running c3d 2011...
Yesterday, when I went home, I had two alignments in my base file, BWLK-C1, and BWLK-E-C1, proposed and existing. I had set up data shortcuts, and datareferenced them into several sheet files. All worked.
This morning, BWLK-E-C1 has a new name in the base file, BWLK-E-C1(1) - so naturally all the datareferences are broken.
I have done nothing with that alignment since it was created (after all, it's the CL of the existing boardwalk - so can't change geometry) other than change the style. WTF would cause the name to change like that.
I did try manually renaming it back, and got a message that the name was duplicated - but it does not show up in prospector in the base design file.