AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

Contributor
mccabejoshua
Message 1 of 7 (307 Views)

add a bug to the list

307 Views, 6 Replies
12-28-2012 09:01 AM

my C3D11 is having one hell of a time sorting survey points by description.  I crash everytime I open a drawing, open a survey database, edit points, sort by description.

Happy New Year!

Distinguished Contributor
SurveyorLee
Message 2 of 7 (285 Views)

Re: add a bug to the list

12-28-2012 10:46 AM in reply to: mccabejoshua

I have not had that problem, but have only sorted within the drawing, not in a database, and have only had about 5000 points.  Do you have any special characters that may cause and issue, expecially the quote, apostrophe, and sometimes the # symbol?

Hope this gives you a place to start looking.

Surveyor Lee

Contributor
mccabejoshua
Message 3 of 7 (271 Views)

12-28-2012 11:44 AM in reply to: SurveyorLee

Ha! I only have a few hundred points in this job!

I have sorted my points in the database in the past so I don't know what is going on here.  I even opened a new dwg and imported my stuff from scratch and It still bugs out.  I really don't want to start another "Autodesk Hates Surveyors" thread(I am the ONLY civil 3D advocate in a Bentley dominated office).  I do love getting laughed at by all the Microstation users when I am cursing C3D from my cube.  I love even more when I have to use Microstation then admit how much better it performs than C3D

I will try other jobs and databases but I am out of patience for the year with this glitchy, buggy, overpriced, over-rated, new-version-before-the-old-version-is-fixed so-called program. (sigh)

Happy New Year!

*Expert Elite*
tcorey
Message 4 of 7 (270 Views)

12-28-2012 11:46 AM in reply to: mccabejoshua

Sort on Raw Description instead of Full Description.

Tim Corey, Owner
Delta Engineering Systems
Redding, CA
Autodesk Authorized Value-Added Reseller
*Expert Elite*
sboon
Message 5 of 7 (250 Views)

12-28-2012 04:02 PM in reply to: mccabejoshua

Upload the point file, and maybe your drawing so that others can take a look at it.

Valued Contributor
Maine-iac
Message 6 of 7 (181 Views)

01-02-2013 06:01 AM in reply to: mccabejoshua

If this is the same crash (bug) while trying to do various things in the Point Editor or Survey Point Editor screen that we had a while back, it was taken care of when we installed Update 2 (version 3) of 2011. The Survey Point Editor only has a "Description" column that shows the raw description in 2011. The Point Editor does have both.

Civil 3D 2011
Windows 7 Prof. x64
HP Z400 Workstation
Intel(R) Xenon(R) CPU
W3550 @ 3.07GHz
6.00 GB RAM
Contributor
mccabejoshua
Message 7 of 7 (136 Views)

01-07-2013 09:23 AM in reply to: mccabejoshua

Thanks for the replies.  I appreciate the help very much, unfortunately I have not had time to check these suggestions.  When I do I will be sure to accept the solution.

Thank you all

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Civil 3D Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for AutoCAD Civil 3D helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Civil 3D

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs