Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom icons don't work while executing corridor properties

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
GODARRO
386 Views, 9 Replies

Zoom icons don't work while executing corridor properties

First: let me thank forum owners for letting me participate.
Second: I apologize for my english
and Third, my problem...

I'm a new user of Civil 3D version 2013. This problem I'm facing does not happen in Civil 3D 2012.
The fact is that when I execute Corridor properties and try to use zoom icons to select assemblies or modify Start or end stations the zoom icons don't work, they don't get high lighted and so I have to scroll and zoom using my mouse or go to View menue and zoom using the displayed commands. I wonder if it is lack of RAM (I have 4 Gb) or some setting I have not set.

I would be very gratefull to receive an explanation of what is happening and how to fix this problem.
Thanks

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
doni49
in reply to: GODARRO

I'm sorry but I'm having trouble figuring out exactly what you're referring to.  A screen shot might help.  Capture the dialog you're talking about and using a graphics editor, you can cirlce the icons you're trying to use.

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 3 of 10
GODARRO
in reply to: doni49

Thanks for your attention: I'll bring screen by screen the steps until I can't use zoom icons.

The sequence is identified by de number of the picture I'll attach.

In picture 1 is shown the corridor and are surrounded the two sets of zoom  icons I used.

The upper left is the set of zoom icons in  my edition of the quick access tool bar.

The medium right is the standard zoom toolbar of the program.

In picture 2 appears the screen where you can select the assembly, Start station or End station clicking on the little square bottom at t¡he right of the cell where either one is selected.

Once you click the little arrow inside any of those cells appears the drawing screen in the case of selecting stations,  or in this case of selecting an assembly,  the little window indicating that you can select the assembly from the fly out OR click the little square bottom at the lower left to select from the drawing.

in picture 3 appears the screen after clicking the little bottom on the right of the little window shown in picture 2 and is in that screen where I can not use any of the icons in the two sets of zoom icons because they don't even get highlighted.

For that reason if I intend to zoom I have to use the menue View, display the zoom fly out and select any of zoom choices or scroll with the mouse and zooming with the wheel because NONE of the icons of the toolbars works.

I hope this helps in explaning the issue.

Thanks

Message 4 of 10
GODARRO

Picture 2

Message 5 of 10
GODARRO

Picture 3

Message 6 of 10
doni49

Ok.  I understand what you're talking about now.  But I just tried it here (C3D 2012) and it worked fine for me.

Have you tried using the transparent zoom command instead of the toolbox?

Type 'z at the command line -- the apostrophe in front tells acad the command is transparent which allows it to run and then return to the active command afterward.

Don Ireland

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 7 of 10
GODARRO

Well, I'm glad I could explain the issue...

As I said this problem happens in Civil 3D 2013. not in 2012 version.

I also tried the 'Z command but it does nothing else than showing zoom options in the command line and not zooming in any of the options. The program simply ignores the command and returns to the preceding command.

It's a mysteriy for me...

Anyhow: thanks for your kind attention.

Message 8 of 10
doni49

@GODARRO wrote:

I also tried the 'Z command but it does nothing else than showing zoom options in the command line and not zooming in any of the options. The program simply ignores the command and returns to the preceding command.

Well if it displays the options, then you can CHOOSE one of the options -- i.e. type W for window.

It's not the same as using the toolbars but at least it does enable you to zoom like you want to do.

Beyond that, are you on subscription?  If so, I'd open a tech support ticket -- you may have just found a bug.

EDIT:  I just re-read your latest post and I think you're saying that although it DISPLAYS the options, it doesn't wait for you to actually CHOOSE one.  Sorry -- that definitely sounds like a bug.

Don Ireland

Message 9 of 10
GODARRO

I have repeted and must rectify: I was trying to zoom extents and it does not do that while in corridor properties.

The other zoom that it does not make with  'Z  is All. The rest of the options work properly.

It seems that the problem has to do with the Corridor properties command exclusively and in 2013 version of Civil 3D.

Somehow the execution of this command makes icons unavailabel.

I would like someone using Civil 3D 2013 try to select a corridor, execute corridor properties and see if the user can accomplish the selection of any assembly far from  the displayed screen or use any zoom icon to get to the adecuate view to make the desired selection of an assembly or a Start/End station.

As I said it's an issue I found in 2013 version though in 2012 theres is no problem zooming using icons whilst in the middle of corridor properties command.

Message 10 of 10
GODARRO

The question still remains unsolved...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report