Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zero Elevation in Surface and it's not from a point!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
1508 Views, 4 Replies

Zero Elevation in Surface and it's not from a point!

I need some help figuring out how to edit a "zero" elevation out of my surface. I checked the point group that was used to build it and it's not from there. The only other thing I have done with the surface is to add some breaklines. Can the zero come from that? In the viewer I can see the "hole" and it appears that it is only one point or end of one tin line that is zero. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Daryl
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
tscheevel
in reply to: Anonymous

You probably have a breakline that has a vertex at zero elevation. It's easy to do if you are snapping to points while you draw the breaklines. Sometimes you'll miss and not notice until the surface is built.
If that is the case you can select the breakline, pick the offending vertex and snap it to the point that you missed the first time around. Then rebuild the surface.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

you can also go into your surface, and under data build, you can set it so your surface does not see the zero elevation......like if the rest of your elevations are around 1500, set the minimum to 1450 and it will wipe out the zero elevations
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

Hey thanks for the responses. By the time I got back to read them I had found the problem. The surface was fine before I added some breaklines, so I removed the breaklines until the surface removed the zero elevation and the contours went back to normal spacing. I then zoomed in on the shoulder of the road and found that I had two breaklines that were crossing for some reason. Fixed that and added the breaklines back in and everything is fine now. After all that THEN I notice that if I would have scrolled up in the panorama, I would have seen the error and been able to zoom right to the problem. A valuable lesson, don't just close the window to get it out of the way, read what it says.

Thanks again,

Daryl
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

Another hint of what I do.. I like to view the surface in 3D and rotate it
around. If you see a blown shot, you save that view to get back in your
drawing window. I then highlight the offending line(s) and make them a
different color. Go back to plan view and you will see where your blown
shot(s) are.

Rick
wrote in message news:5430158@discussion.autodesk.com...
Hey thanks for the responses. By the time I got back to read them I had
found the problem. The surface was fine before I added some breaklines, so
I removed the breaklines until the surface removed the zero elevation and
the contours went back to normal spacing. I then zoomed in on the shoulder
of the road and found that I had two breaklines that were crossing for some
reason. Fixed that and added the breaklines back in and everything is fine
now. After all that THEN I notice that if I would have scrolled up in the
panorama, I would have seen the error and been able to zoom right to the
problem. A valuable lesson, don't just close the window to get it out of
the way, read what it says.

Thanks again,

Daryl

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report