Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xref from Civil 3D to regular CAD - hatch not working

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
337 Views, 1 Reply

Xref from Civil 3D to regular CAD - hatch not working

I am having problems getting hatching to work with xrefs.  I have a Civil 3D model that I am xrefing into regular, 2D CAD because I want to use the linework for our 2D site plan.  I need hatches in this plan, and I would prefer them to be annotative.

If I draw the hatches in the original drawing and make them annotative, they no longer show up in the viewport of the new drawing where the original is xrefed unless the "Annotative Visibility" light bulb is on.  I know that with Civil 3D drawings you do not assign annotative scales like you would for 2D, plus the hatch works well as an annotative object in the original drawing so I know this is an xref issue.

If I try to draw the hatches in the new drawing, picking points inside closed features lines from the xref, I get an error that tells me my boundaries are not close - either that or CAD crashes.  The same thing happens with the BPOLY command.

We have 2 work arounds:  draw the hatches in the original drawing and make them non-annotative; OR ncopy the featurelines into the new drawing and make the hatches with those lines.

I was hoping someone out there had a better idea!

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

You can just isolate your hatches in the Xref, copy them and paste them as a block into you new drawing. If you need to re-scale them just scale the block with the draiwng.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report