AutoCAD Civil 3D General

jbuckler
Message 1 of 3 (333 Views)

Xref'd PDF partially prints?

333 Views, 2 Replies
03-12-2012 08:45 AM

Hello,

I have a PDF xref'd into paperspace on a detail sheet. It previews fine, however, when actually plotting it only partially prints. There is an other xref'd pdf that prints fine on the same sheet.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Joe 

Distinguished Mentor
thepworth
Message 2 of 3 (323 Views)

Re: Xref'd PDF partially prints?

03-12-2012 09:40 AM in reply to: jbuckler

how was the PDF  created - i.e. if created with 2010+ products, PDF's can be a vector versus a raster file format.  Is this something like layers within a vector-based .pdf not printing (sounds more rational than portions of a raster not printing).

Do you have access to a full-version of Adobe to tweak the PDF to a single layer i.e. convert a multi-layer vector .pdf to a single raster layer.

grasping at straws on this, but at least something to try.

C3D 2011
Intel Xeon E5630@2.53Ghz
NVIDA Quadro NVS420 Dual Monitor
12GB Ram / Win7 Professional 64bit SP1
jbuckler
Message 3 of 3 (307 Views)

Re: Xref'd PDF partially prints?

03-12-2012 11:39 AM in reply to: thepworth

I got it to work. Set AutoCAD to print in the background, and it worked fine. I think it was an issue of the printer not having enough memory. I saw another post concerning printing PDF's and it lead me to checking plot and publish settings.

Thanks for the reply.

Joe

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Civil 3D Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for AutoCAD Civil 3D helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Civil 3D

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs