Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XREFs will not display

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
pserpas
8805 Views, 8 Replies

XREFs will not display

Many times when I try to attach a xref and do a zoom extents, I cannot find the drawing.  I change my limits to -999999,-999999 and 999999,999999 but still nothing.  This seems to be a random problem.

Pat

Windows 7 x 64
Nvidia GeForce GTS 450
8 GB Ram
Intel Core i5-2310 @ 2.90 GHz
v. F.107.0.0 AutoCAD Civil 3D 2012 SP1
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Strakan
in reply to: pserpas

Two things I can think of:

Check to make sure your XREF is on the zero Layer or

Type Options, and under the display tab, turn your XREF fade control to -90.

Message 3 of 9
Jeff_M

If you have drawing A with C3D objects in it (such as a Surface), you then open drawing B and Xref A as on overlay. Now add some surface labels for the xref'ed surface in A. If you now try to Xref B into a drawing C, you will have broken labels sinc ethe overlay'ed drawing A is not available for the Labels in B to update from....make sense? So now in C you will have these "broken reference" labels all at 0,0, and if the drawings themselves are at normal State Plane coordinates of say 300,000/1,000,000 then a zoom extents will not appear to display anything since these objects will be too small to see. Try selecting with a crossing selection near 0,0 and you will likely find the culprit.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 4 of 9
bdevineni

I do have the same trouble. I have a drawing "A" with limits 0,0 to 36,24. I am trying to attach this drawing to a layout of dwg "B". I can see it in reference diaglog box, but I dont find it in layout. I checked all other options like layer on, fade -90, everything is ok. I did quickselect xref and It is selecting the ref "A" with a grip point at 0,0. But I dont see it.

However, I had xrefed again in model. I find it attached at different location coordinates -2960277.4188,-13825882.14. But the insertion point in properties shows me 0,0,0 and scale as 1.0.

Can anyone suggest me how to correct this bug?

Message 5 of 9
troma
in reply to: bdevineni

Welcome to the forums.

You're generally better off starting a new thread than adding to an old one with a new question.  I don't think your problem is related.  You can't x-ref a drawing into a layout, paperspace, as far as I know.  Try inserting it as a block instead.

I don't quite follow the problem you had with x-reffing into model.  Let me ask you: is drawing A drawn in model or paper?  You can only x-ref what is in the model space.

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Message 6 of 9
bdevineni
in reply to: troma

Actually we can xref a drawing A (which is drawn in model) to paperspace of dwg B. I always do that for titleblock.

The drawing which I draw is in model space with limits 0,0 and 36,24. When I xref it in dwg B - it is not inserting at 0,0. It is inserting at -2960277.4188,-13825882.14. which is far away. I units are matched, which is feet (both dwgs). I dont know why it is not inserting at 0,0.

Message 7 of 9
Joe-Bouza

Yes you can. I do it all the time for key maps.

Thank you

Joseph D. Bouza, P.E. (one of 'THOSE' People)

HP Z210 Workstation
Intel Xeon CPU E31240 @ 3.30 Hz
12 GB Ram

Note: Its all Resistentialism, so keep calm and carry on

64 Bit Win10 OS
Message 8 of 9
troma
in reply to: Joe-Bouza

Well there you go, always something new!

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Message 9 of 9
hvadalia

Open your company template, insert as a block and explode it

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report