Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XREF a DGN file

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
owenmull
1534 Views, 2 Replies

XREF a DGN file

Hello All,

Does anyone have any ideas? My issue is this. A colleague and I have a DWG file and a DGN file. When starting a fresh drawing, we reference in the DWG and then the DGN. At my location, both XREF correctly, but my colleague, when he does it, the DWG comes in fine, but the DGN comes in completely wrong. The DGN comes in at the wrong location. 

Of course, units are same, when inserted, no scaling, no insertion point (just left to same origins), etc. Again, when I do it, both come in perfectly, but when he does it, the DGN gets shifted and/or scaled. We've tried using the sub-units, and it is closer, but still coordinates are ~1000 ft off and still not right.

Drawing Settings-->Units and Zone-->Scale objects inserted from other drawings is UN-checked.

Does anyone know of anywhere to look for a solution? This is puzzling.

Thanks in advance.

-owenmull
-Owen
Windows 7 x 64 bit

Civil 3D 2017
Message 2 of 3
Jay_B
in reply to: owenmull

Assuming your both using the same dwt to reference the 2 files, check the DDUNITS "Insertion Scale" units to scale inserted content, and change theirs to what yours is set to if different.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 3 of 3
AllenJessup
in reply to: owenmull

I think from what you posted that you do, but I'll ask anyway. Do you both have the same coordinate system set?

Allen Jessup

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report