Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XREF C3D drawing for Profiles & Annotation Text

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
jbalaneski
1395 Views, 8 Replies

XREF C3D drawing for Profiles & Annotation Text

I am trying to XREF my C3D Design file that has my profiles and sections in it into a drawing with a title block and viewport.  Everything is fine in Model Space...but when I create the viewport in Paper Space none of the annotative text of the profile/section shows up...or is microscopic.

I did this once on a project before and it worked fine...but now it seems to not participate.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
jbalaneski
in reply to: jbalaneski

I have also created a separate drawing XREF and used data shortcuts to bring in my profiles/sections into that drawing and applied the proper profile/section view styles.  And everything is fine in model space.  But once I XREF that drawing into my working drawing and go to layout space...none of the text is showing up.  I've tried switching all my annotative properties on and off in every drawing..and nothing seems to be working.  I think it's a viewport issue.

Message 3 of 9
t_mckenzie

Check the annotation scale (not the standard scale) of the viewport in the properties dialog box. Sometimes that gets messed up and needs to be reset.

-Tucker
Message 4 of 9
jbalaneski
in reply to: t_mckenzie

Thought of that already...and still nothing.  This is super frustrating!  What's the point of having dynamic design capabilities in drawings if you have to explode everything and manually update it like it was 2005!

Message 5 of 9
jbalaneski

I have also checked all the unit settings to all be set to METRIC and METRES...even the one in the Prospector.

Message 6 of 9
Hammer.john.j

you need to use data shortcuts and create new views in your sheet drawing, is the simple answer.  you also need to data ref the ex. surface, AND create a new profile from surface OF that ex. surface to avoid dashed lines from appearing to have linetype generation turned off.

there are all sorts of funny problems with plan/profile sheets because of the profile essentially doesn't like to be annotated or dealt with via xref.

if you intent to annotate your profile in sheet drawings, better make sure you've got that sorted out before you cut up the profile into sheets, because well i doubt i need to explain it.

John Hammer, LA/CADD Manager
Message 7 of 9
troma

Have you checked this setting?:

plot.png

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Message 8 of 9
jbalaneski
in reply to: troma

Thanks Troma! That fixed it....that is just ridiculous!  I'm going to make a note of that for future reference! 

Message 9 of 9
troma

It annoys me too, happy to share.

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report