AutoCAD Civil 3D General

pneill316
Message 11 of 24 (653 Views)

Re: XML Parcel Legal Description Errors

03-15-2012 01:07 PM in reply to: lsssurvey

Wow, this is amazing!  I have been messing with these files for the last 5 years.  I have only been able to change the verbage for the legal writer and would bang my head on the wall looking at the .xsl files.  I had all but given up saying that it was impossible for autocad to tell if a line was compound, reverse or non-tangent.  Impossible or no body at autodesk actually care what problems us lowly surveyor's had with the program.  I want to personally thank the 2 of you for making this possible.  No longer can I curse autocad for not being able to write a proper legal description, now if we can just fix/get rid of survey figures.  If any of you 2 are in the West Chester, PA I will buy you a beer for your efforts.  Thank you and have a nice day! <@:smileyhappy:

Valued Contributor
rick.hberg
Message 12 of 24 (642 Views)

03-16-2012 08:28 AM in reply to: lsssurvey

Just noticed this in the General Legal Description for Parcel.xsl :smileylol:

<!--added by srd. set acres first unless LessThan 1 acre  xsl sucks-->

couldn't agree more!

Civil 3D 2011
Windows 7 x64
Valued Mentor
stacy.dunn
Message 13 of 24 (596 Views)

07-25-2012 05:53 PM in reply to: pneill316

I found an error in one of the functions I posted earlier.  It would fail at a point of non-tangent compound curve.  The revised function comments out line "//else if(check == "Reverse")" and will work as expected.

function GetLegalForCurve(index)
{      
	var i = parseInt(index);
	var geoele = GeomArray[i];
	var nextEle = GeomArray[i + 1];
	var retStr = geoele.type + index + " ";

if(nextEle)
	{
		var bTangent = IsNextTangent(i);
		if(nextEle.type == "Line")
		{
			var xmlEle;

if(bTangent == true)
			{
				xmlEle = xmlGeom.selectSingleNode("Metes/Mete[@type='Curve' and @connect='TangentLine']");
			}
			else
			{
				xmlEle = xmlGeom.selectSingleNode("Metes/Mete[@type='Curve' and @connect='NonTangentLine']");
			}
			//var subStr = xmlEle.text;
			var subStr = GetInnerXML(xmlEle);

retStr = SubstituteCurveKeywords(index, subStr);
		}
		else if(nextEle.type == "Curve")
		{
			var xmlEle;

if(bTangent == true)
			{
				//var check = CompareNextCurveDirection(i);
				//if(check == "Reverse")

var CompoundCheck = IsNextCurveCompound(i);
				if(CompoundCheck == false)
				{
					xmlEle = xmlGeom.selectSingleNode("Metes/Mete[@type='Curve' and @connect='TangentReverseCurve']");
				}
				//else if(check == "Compound")
				else if(CompoundCheck == true)
				{
					xmlEle = xmlGeom.selectSingleNode("Metes/Mete[@type='Curve' and @connect='TangentCompoundCurve']");
				}

}
			else
			{
				//var check = CompareNextCurveDirection(i);
				//if(check == "Compound")

var CompoundCheck = IsNextCurveCompound(i);
				if(CompoundCheck == false)
				{
					xmlEle = xmlGeom.selectSingleNode("Metes/Mete[@type='Curve' and @connect='NonTangentCompoundCurve']");
				}
				//else if(check == "Reverse")
				else if(CompoundCheck == true)
				{
					xmlEle = xmlGeom.selectSingleNode("Metes/Mete[@type='Curve' and @connect='NonTangentReverseCurve']");
				}
			}
		}
		else
		{
			retStr = "CurveToOther ";
		}
	}

return retStr;
}

function GetLegalForSpiral(index)
{
	var retStr = "Spiral ";

return retStr;
}

Stacy Dunn
chadroger
Message 14 of 24 (537 Views)

10-15-2012 04:39 PM in reply to: pneill316

Thanks you so much for these files. it has helped out  enormously. One thing that I have found is that when you have a curve that is tangent to the previous line but not tangent to the following line the program writes the correct verbage for the line but not for the curve.

For example: 

thence North 9°18'13" East, a distance of 87.67 feet to the beginning of a tangent curve to the left, to which a radial line bears South 80°41'47" East; THENCE northwesterly along said non-tangent curve, having a radius of 160.00 feet, through a central angle of 39°48'37", an arc distance of 111.17 feet;

the program called out the line correclty as  "to the beginning of a tangent curve to the left"

but the program called out the curve as a non-tangent curve "to which a radial line bears South 80°41'47" East; THENCE northwesterly along said non-tangent curve, having a radius of 160.00 feet, through a central angle of 39°48'37", an arc distance of 111.17 feet;" for non-tangent curves.

not that big of a deal but i thought i would through it out there.

chadroger
Message 15 of 24 (522 Views)

10-16-2012 09:39 AM in reply to: chadroger

Maybe you have already fixed this issue with the previous mentioned coding changed. Is it possible you can share your files agian.

Many thanks!!

Chad

Valued Mentor
stacy.dunn
Message 16 of 24 (518 Views)

10-16-2012 09:58 AM in reply to: chadroger

I have enclosed the files for you to look at.  Rename the .txt files to .xls.  We have been so busy that I haven't had time to check if the error still exists.  If it is still there and you understand the code, take a look at the coord LegalDescription_Layout.xsl around line 604.

I use notepad++ to edit the files.  It makes it so much easier. 

Stacy Dunn
chadroger
Message 17 of 24 (505 Views)

10-16-2012 01:52 PM in reply to: stacy.dunn

Thanks for these files.

I am still having these issues though. It looks like the program checks to see if the curve is tangent to the following line and not the previous line.

I don't think you don't have these issues because you write your legals a little different then I do.

Anyways, it is something that I can deal with since it is a simple change in word.

I'm glad to hear that you guys are busy. If you have nothing else to do and want to look into this, i would appreciate it.  :smileyhappy:

Active Contributor
wvyhonsky
Message 18 of 24 (417 Views)

01-04-2013 01:35 PM in reply to: pneill316

Thanks for the files, they really helped!

I was wondering if there was a way to have separate lines for where the segment begins with a:

non-tangent line

reverse curve

compound curve

The way our surveyor writes his descriptions for these instances is

Thence xx-xx-xx along said non-tangent line ......

And for curves he uses "curve to the left or right" for tangent curves, but not for reverse or compound curves.

Thanks

Bill

c3d 2012, w7 x64

Valued Mentor
stacy.dunn
Message 19 of 24 (413 Views)

01-05-2013 09:08 AM in reply to: pneill316

In the GeneralLegalPhrasings.xml file, there are sections for each type of curve.  You can edit each of these sections independently.

<Mete type="Line" connect="TangentCurve"> &lt;p&gt;&#160;&lt;p&gt;<B>THENCE </B> {lineDirection}, a distance of {lineDistanceFoot} feet to a point at the beginning of a tangent curve </Mete>

<Mete type="Line" connect="NonTangentCurve">

&lt;p&gt;&#160;&lt;p&gt;<B>THENCE </B> {lineDirection}, a distance of {lineDistanceFoot} feet to a point at the beginning of a non-tangent curve </Mete>

<Mete type="Curve" connect="TangentLine">

to the {curveRotation} having a central angle of {curveAngle}, a radius of {curveRadiusFoot} feet, a chord bearing and distance of {curveChordDirection}, {curveChordLengthFoot} feet;&lt;p&gt;&#160;&lt;p&gt;<B>THENCE </B>

Stacy Dunn
Active Contributor
wvyhonsky
Message 20 of 24 (391 Views)

01-07-2013 11:07 AM in reply to: stacy.dunn

Thanks for the reply.  Its hard to explain, but when we go to a non-tangent line, the wording our surveyor uses to describe that non-tangent line is different then when it is a tangent line.  So what I was looking for was to be able to have additional sections for where the segment is a "non-tamgent line" connect = line, curve, non-tangemt curve etc.

For curves, he uses the direction (left or right) in the wording of the curve.  But when a curve connects to a reverse or compound curve he omits the direction (left or right) from the wording of the compound or reverse curve. So for curves I would need additional sections for "compound curve" connect = line, non-tangent line, reverse curve, etc;

and "reverse curve" connect = line, non-tangent line, compound curve, etc.

Thanks

Bill

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Civil 3D Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for AutoCAD Civil 3D helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Civil 3D

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs