Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Write new category of coordinate system

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
ccng46
437 Views, 3 Replies

Write new category of coordinate system

I am a new user of civil 3D 2012. I need help or instructions on how to write a new coordinate category in my computer.

I am using a 64 bit windows 7 and everytime I attempt to write a new coordinate system category it always display the words " no access to write to the dictionary". I would highly appreciate if there is somebody out there who can help me. Pleaseeeeee.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Sinc
in reply to: ccng46

Yeah, Autodesk made a mistake here, and they run afoul with UAC in Vista/Win7.

Go to "C:/ProgramData/Autodesk/Geospatial Coordinate Systems", and enable Full Control for all users (in Properites -> Security for the folder).  That should fix the problem.  You may may also want to enable Full Control for "C:/ProgramData/Autodesk/C3D2012/[language]/PTXML" - this should allow you to update the Graphics Hardware Database (something else that typically fails when UAC is enabled).

Autodesk Support recommends disabling UAC as an alternate solution, but I highly DON'T recommend that.  UAC is the only significant security improvement Microsoft has made in the last decade (or more), so it's a shame to disable it.

Sinc
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Sinc

Autodesk Support recommends disabling UAC as an alternate solution, but I highly DON'T recommend that.  UAC is the only significant security improvement Microsoft has made in the last decade (or more), so it's a shame to disable it.

I would argue the validity of that statement. UAC is, for all intents and purposes, completely worthless. "Microsoft" and "improvement" are words that just don't always go well together.Smiley Happysmileyhappy:

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: ccng46

After you are able to create a new category, then create a new coordinate system, beware.

After saving your projection information you should review the definition stored.  For some reason the "Scale reduction" factor I enter for a TM projection always reverts back to 1.0  Doesn't matter if I enter 0.9999 or something larger than 1.0, the coordinate system definition keeps rounding back to 1.0.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report