Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Write a new coordinate system in the coordinate dictionary.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
bambang46
714 Views, 6 Replies

Write a new coordinate system in the coordinate dictionary.

Hi Everyone,

I am a new user of civil3D version 11. I need to write a new coordinate sytem into the coordinate system category. Everytime I attempted to do it, it tells me that the it can not be added because I do not have the access to write. I login as a superuser but still does not work. Please help...

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Izaiasmai
in reply to: bambang46

procure a pasta:

C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\

clique o botão direito direito do mouse e peça propriedades.

na aba Segurança, adicione permissões de leitura e escrita para todos os usuários, ou usuário atual se desejar

volte a criar o novo sistema de coordenadas

google says:

browse to the folder:

C: \ ProgramData \ Autodesk \

right-click the right mouse button and part properties.

the Security tab, add read and write permissions for all users or current user if desired

re-create the new coordinate system

Message 3 of 7
bambang46

Thank you for your response. I did exactly what you wrote but still does not want to write the new coordinate system into the coordinate dictionary. The message that am getting is "can not add coordinate system to dictionary". Am I missing something?

Message 4 of 7
matt.williams

Did you ever find a solution to the problem? I'm running into the same issue.

Message 5 of 7
Sinc
in reply to: matt.williams

The directory that actually needs the changed permissions is this one:

C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\Geospatial Coordinate Systems

If you're changing permissions up one level from that, you need to make sure that the changes propagate to subdirectories.

The underlying problem here is that Autodesk is not following Microsoft's Best Practices.  Things like this should be put in the Public Documents folder (on Vista/Win7, this is in C:/Users/Documents), and not in C:/ProgramData.  Since Autodesk is violating Microsoft's Best Practices, they are running afoul of UAC.

Sinc
Message 6 of 7
matt.williams
in reply to: Sinc

Would it be the same set-up path for Map3D? I need to install for multiple users. Thanks again for the input.

Message 7 of 7
Sinc
in reply to: matt.williams

Yes.

Sinc

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report