Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Working with Grid Coordinates - Richard J. Sincovec

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
sboon
1743 Views, 4 Replies

Working with Grid Coordinates - Richard J. Sincovec

The attached document has been one of my go-to resources for many years now.  After Sinc's death in 2012 I was concerned that it would be lost, and downloaded a copy from the Edward James Surveying website.  Today when I sent someone else to that website to get the information we found that the link is broken and the document appears to be unavailable.

I'm uploading it here, so that it will be available to others who might be looking for it in future.

Steve
Civil 3D 2012 & 2013 & 2014
Toshiba Qosmio X505-Q890
2 x i7 - Q740 quad core CPU's
8GB of RAM
60GB SSD + 500GB HDD
NVidia GeForce GTS 360M - driver 8.17.13.0697
Win 7 Home Premium
Please use the Accept as Solution or Kudo buttons when appropriate

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Jeff_M
in reply to: sboon

Steve, I know that EJS was doing a website update. But Jim (Richard's dad) assured me there were going to keep all of those learning tools, as even they still refer to them. I will send him a note about this.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 3 of 5
sboon
in reply to: Jeff_M

No problem Jeff - better to have this stuff in multiple locations anyway, and newer users may not be aware of it.

Steve
Please use the Accept as Solution or Kudo buttons when appropriate

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 4 of 5
Pointdump
in reply to: sboon

Steve,

I had made myself a paper copy a year or two ago, which I've read many times. I was sorry to see it no longer available when I looked on the EJ site a couple of months ago. Thanks for keeping Sinc's work available.

Dave

Dave Stoll
Las Vegas, Nevada

EESignature

64GB DDR4 2400MHz ECC SoDIMM / 1TB SSD
NVIDIA Quadro P5000 16GB
Windows 10 Pro 64 / Civil 3D 2024
Message 5 of 5
Neilw_05
in reply to: Jeff_M

I'm part way through reading this article for the first time and I must say it is a "must read" for anyone in the civil/surveying fields. Most of the documents I've read on this top[ic present it from a mapping perspective, whereas this article presents it from a surveyor/engineers persepctive which makes it much more practical and easy to apply.

A belated "Well Done" to Richard, and thanks to Steve for reposting it.

Neil Wilson (a.k.a. neilw)
AEC Collection/C3D 2024, LDT 2004, Power Civil v8i SS1
WIN 10 64 PRO

http://www.sec-landmgt.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report