Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wipeouts still a problem in 2012 - fix trashes point label style scaling

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
coopdetat
760 Views, 2 Replies

Wipeouts still a problem in 2012 - fix trashes point label style scaling

Point label styles do not scale properly in raster plots.  Raster plots have long been my fix for making wipeouts and masks behave.  Without the excellent fix raster plots have been, I'm sunk!  All of my work depends upon raster plotting to maintain consistently correct output with absolutely no wipeout or masking errors.  My point label styles all have a text height of 0.11" which is the plotted height according to the documentation.  They are exactly the right height in all page setups with non-raster plot devices.  But, when my page setup includes a raster device the text is scaled to just a speck. It should be 32 pixels high at the 288 pixels per inch I have specified but it is barely two or three pixels high both on my display and in my ploits.

The attachments show the wipeout/mask problem in 2012 DWF output and the misscaling of point labels in 2012 raster (TIFF) output.  I am in critical need of a fix that does not involve special point label styles just for raster plots.  Autodesk!?  I already have to use a special pen tables for raster plots with pens sizes scaled for each dpi resolution I use but that has been settled for many years now.  I just want point label styles to work as advertised.  If Autodesk could fix the pen table scaling issue as well that would be a real bonus.

---------------------------------------------Signature--------------------------------------------
Civil Design Professional Since 1983 (Intergraph), AutoCAD since 1989

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Intel﴾R﴿ Core﴾TM﴿ i9-12900KF CPU 3.19GHz; 32 GB DDR4 4266 Dual Channel RAM
nVidia Quadro RTX 4000; AutoCAD Civil 3D 2023.2.1 Update
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
rpollock
in reply to: coopdetat

Did you get this issue resolved? I have a similar problem plotting to TIFF using Vista and CIvil 3D 2010.

I cannot get the note point label to scale correctly with TIFF, but it does scale correctly for PDF and HP plotters.

Message 3 of 3
coopdetat
in reply to: rpollock

The only thing that made the labels appear correctly on my TIFF plots was to increase the label size by a factor of 12.  This made them twelve times too large in model space and on any other page setup besides raster plot devices (TIFF plot is one of these).

I did get this issue well defined and understood by Autodesk support. They confirmed that they were able to reproduce the problem.   It was also sent up to Autodesk development.  At that point they said they could not say when or even if it would ever be resolved.

In the mean time, if you want the labels to appear at the correct size in raster plots you will just have to change the label size to twelve times the size you normally would use and put up with the inconvenience.

For those that are new to this issue.  It has been extensively and thoroughly investigated and it has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with units or dimscale.  The label size is always 1/12th the expected size when a raster plot device is used in the page setup and/or plot dialog..

---------------------------------------------Signature--------------------------------------------
Civil Design Professional Since 1983 (Intergraph), AutoCAD since 1989

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Intel﴾R﴿ Core﴾TM﴿ i9-12900KF CPU 3.19GHz; 32 GB DDR4 4266 Dual Channel RAM
nVidia Quadro RTX 4000; AutoCAD Civil 3D 2023.2.1 Update

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report