Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will Autocad Civil3D 2014 Perform with Intel Core i5-4440, 8GB AIO PC?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Mary-Beth-Chasen_BOULDER-CO
2834 Views, 6 Replies

Will Autocad Civil3D 2014 Perform with Intel Core i5-4440, 8GB AIO PC?

Original Request--Problem Description: 

I am considering a purchase of this system (link below) and would like to be sure Autocad Civil3D

2014 will perform or even install on it. Graphics are an Integrated system. (If not, is it possible to install Civil3D on any AIO PC? Recommendation?)

Thank you for your input and consideration.

Lenovo B550 All-In-One PC - Intel Core i5-4440 3.10GHz, 8GB Memory,

1TB HDD, DVDRW, 23" Display, Windows 8.1 64-bit - 57323749   

Link:

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?E

CaseNo:09256077.

Autodesk Product: AutoCAD

Release: civil3d 2014

System Manufacturer: Lenovo

System Model: B550 All-In-One PC - Intel Core i5-4440 3.10GHz Graphics

Card Manufacturer: Intel Graphics Card Name: Intel HD Graphics 4600

Graphics Card Driver: Driver Tuner Setup 3.1.0.1

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Win 8 is a bit of a toss-up, I wouldn't recommend Win 8.1.  Win 7 is still the preferred choice.

8 GB RAM is OK for learning ie. small "play" projects but 16GB would be preferable for any real world work.

You will need a dedicated video card.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 3 of 7

Should work fine we are pretty much running the same machines just not in AIO format.

We are running Win8.1 without any problems. Most of the guys complained a few days until they figured out to set it up, After about a week I asked them if they want to go back to Win7 all refused.

I could explain why Win 8 is not a problem for production work but that would probably start a war. I will say we don't use Metro Apps at all.

Mike Robertson
FL. Dept. of Transportation
CADD Applications Developer
Message 4 of 7
DarrenP
in reply to: michael.robertson

michael.robertson wrote:

We are running Win8.1 without any problems. Most of the guys complained a few days until they figured out to set it up, After about a week I asked them if they want to go back to Win7 all refused.

I could explain why Win 8 is not a problem for production work but that would probably start a war. I will say we don't use Metro Apps at all.

i also have windows 8 no issues with 2014 products yet i have not upgraded to Windows 8.1 no reason to yet

i installed classic shell which can hide the start screen and the charms bar

back to your question would an AIO run civil 3d probably but you would be having performance issues since your using an integrated graphics card

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 7

Don't be scared off by Windows 8 - it's fine. I've been using Windows 8 since the day it was released and I honestly don't understand all of the bitching and moaning about it. As for the rest of your question I'm using a Core 2 Duo purchased in 2007 with 8 GB of RAM. Not an ideal setup, I'll agree, but it performs acceptably. I do have a discrete video card (Quadro FX 580) and I would also recommend you avoid the integrated graphics.
Mark Castle
Win 10 64-Bit, Thinkpad P50
16 GB RAM; Core i7-6820HQ; Quadro M1000M
Message 6 of 7
L3GO-Ed
in reply to: Mark_Castle
Message 7 of 7
nikoue
in reply to: L3GO-Ed

i Also use windows 8.1 pro and i think even my civil 3d 2013 with the latest servise pack performs smoother tha win 7 ultimate
AutoCAD Civil 3D 2013 Hotfix 3.
Win 8 pro x64, OCZ RevoDrive 240GB
Intel i7 930, 12 GB Ram, Ati Firepro V7800

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report