AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

wilwil02
Message 1 of 4 (290 Views)

Widenig Curves

290 Views, 3 Replies
05-04-2012 08:49 AM

Hi All,

Im using Civil 3d 2012 and I couldnt find the function that I could offset the smooth curve aligment as shown on the attached pdf. I've looked thru the offset alignments but those linear, curve-cuve-reverse curve, curve-line curve doesn't help much. I would appreciate it if anyone might know the solution.

Regards

*Expert Elite*
wfberry
Message 2 of 4 (257 Views)

Re: Widenig Curves

05-05-2012 05:16 AM in reply to: wilwil02

You will probably need a spiral.  It appears you probably have a "varying" radius.

Bill

*Expert Elite*
BrianHailey
Message 3 of 4 (246 Views)

05-05-2012 07:46 PM in reply to: wilwil02

When applying a widening through a curve it does not create a smooth transition. It segments it along the curve (I believe in 3 segments).

After a bit of testing, I've confirmed this:

alignment_widening.png

The green line is the alignment and the white line is the offset alignment that transitions it's width from start to end of curve.

Distinguished Contributor
mjung
Message 4 of 4 (165 Views)

10-26-2012 08:25 AM in reply to: BrianHailey

Has anyone figured out a way to dynamically increase the smoothness of the transition? Or an I stuck doing the transition manually to get it to look right? Seems like there should be a setting somewhere for this.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Civil 3D 2012
Windows 7 Pro (64bit)
Intel Xeon W5580 @3.20GHz
12gig RAM
NVIDIA Quadro 600

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Civil 3D Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for AutoCAD Civil 3D helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Civil 3D

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs