Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can't I see contours on my surface?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
3675 Views, 4 Replies

Why can't I see contours on my surface?

I create a surface. Then add a point file. The Surface boundary shows up but I see no contours or triangles. If I 3drotate and esc from that command I can then see triangles.

I need to show contours, or better yet colors, to provide a good visual of the existing ground.

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

did you use a surface-style that is setup to show contours?

Select the surface, right-click to get the context-menu ==> modify style and look then

a) within contours-tab to set the distances

b) in the display-tab check if contours are switched on or off (for both, 2D and 3D separately)

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 5
jtshumpert

Right click on your surface and select Surface properties.

Set your "Surface Style" to a style that has contours.

JTS
Message 4 of 5
mehmet.aktas

To troubleshoot this problem, try these solutions:

• Turn off Level of Detail using the LEVELOFDETAILOFF command.

User-added image
  • Check if other surface styles, such as triangles, are displayed.
  • Double-click the middle mouse button to zoom to extents and make sure the surface is within the display area.
  • In the Surface Properties > Information tab, check the surface style settings:
    1. On the Contours tab, make sure the correct Contour Intervals are set up.
    2. On the Display tab, make sure that the Major/Minor Contours are visible for all 3 View Directions (Plan, View, Model).
  • In the Surface Properties > Statistics tab, confirm that the surface has data such as a minimum/maximum elevation, points, triangles, etc.
  • Select the surface and check if the layer of the surface is On. In the Layer Manager, make sure the surface layer is visible and not frozen.
Message 5 of 5

Thank you for posting this.  I had no idea why I could not see the contours on my drawing that I had previously saved.  I would probably have given up on starting to learn Civil 3D in discouragement.  

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report